GO!

Please Help!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Maxwell- Bernard

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 6:52pm PST 
Hi there. Frantic, worried, Dog Mama here.
Alrighty. My Bulldog Max hasn't been acting himself. Listless and tired. A day ago he had liquid feces in the house which is unlike him. Today he had the same thing. When I took him out he started bleeding profusely from his bum. I am wondering what is wrong, please. Your help is needed!!!
frown
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:11pm PST 
How much blood? Is it bright red, or dark? It sounds like you need to get to an E-vet! Bleeding is never a good sign. Is he vaccinated against parvo?
[notify]

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:37pm PST 
bump
[notify]

Maxwell- Bernard

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:38pm PST 
I am thinking about going.
So far the blood has varied from dark pink to deep red. It was followed by extreme diaherria. He has been vaccinated against parvo as well.
[notify]
Maxwell- Bernard

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:39pm PST 
Also,
there was alot of blood.
[notify]
Shayne CGC,- RL2

Shayne- Disc Doggin in- the 'Burgh!

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:43pm PST 
Blood IN poop is one thing (normally just GI upset)... but blood preceding or following poo is different. I'd go to the vet... especially if it was a large quantity of blood (i'd also bring a a stool sample if you can)

hope he's okay...
[notify]

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 7:44pm PST 
I would definitely go to the vet. hug
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Aug 12, '10 7:14am PST 
Please go and let us know what they say. Allee has colitis from time to time with blood in poop then after I guess there's no poo left she'll try to go and it will just be blood. It's always bright red though.

Dark would worry me more. Also is there any vomiting?
[notify]

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Thu Aug 12, '10 9:22am PST 
Any updates?hug
[notify]