GO!

where did you get the idea for your dogs name?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Drover- Deputy Of- Security

Mr. Pudge

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 11:55am PST 
drovers name came from a series of books I read in my childhood, called the hank The Cowdog books. I got drover, and he acted just like Drover in the book, that I named him drover. where did you get the idea for your dogs name?
[notify]
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 12:44pm PST 
Nicky is named after Nick Stokes from CSI. Nicky is his nickname they call him all the time on the show. I'm saving 'Grissom' for when I get my Rottie! big grin

Paris is named after Paris Hilton. She came after Nicky, and my mom wanted to name her Nicole, but I told her that it's not a good idea to give dogs such similar names. So I suggested Paris as a joke so we'd have a "Nicky + Paris" after the infamous duo Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton. She got a kick out of it and thought it was a great idea. They sure act like them too!
[notify]
Sabre

All the snow- belongs to me...

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 6:18pm PST 
Buffalo Sabres hockey team!!
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 8:06pm PST 
I live in an area with a lot of First Nations people. I got Squ'mey & wanted to give him a Hulqu'min'um name that had something to do with white. Unfortunately, that word is pronounced Uck! So, went with Squawmek..for "dog." Wiley got his name because the humane society thought he is part coyote.
[notify]
Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 8:57pm PST 
Brutus and Buckeye are both named after the Ohio State Buckeyes football/basketball team. Buckeye(s) is the name of the team, while Brutus is the name of their team mascot. Plus, Brutus, the mascot, is a Buckeye. Just look up Brutus the Buckeye pictures on Google Images to see what the mascot looks like way to go

Great thread, Drover! I've heard of "Hank the Cowdog" and even have one of the books, but have never read them before. I remember I was going to a long time ago, but never did. Don't know why. thinking

Edited by author Fri Jul 23, '10 8:58pm PST

[notify]
Charger

Charger: Faster- Than LaDainian- Tomlinson

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 1:12am PST 
Charger was our first family dog after my husband and I got married and had our daughter. We're from San Diego, my husband is a Chargers fan, and back then, the team was doing really well. Plus, Charger was really fast and loved to play fetch, so she became our own version of a "Charger."

Penny is named after the little orphan in that old Disney movie, The Rescuers. Even still, if I hear the "Be Brave, Little One" song that plays when Penny is at the orphanage, patiently waiting for a home, I cry. My own Penny was passed up by 3 different parties at the shelter before I adopted her.
Olive got her name because it was the only name my husband and I could agree upon. Originally, I wanted to name her Astraea, which is Latin for "justice," but it reminded my husband of an ex-girlfriend of the same name, haha.

Charlie is so named because it just fit. I kept looking at him on the 2-hour ride home, testing out everything from cute to pretentious names. In the end, my best little boy turned out to be good ol' Charlie.
[notify]
Huntington

drawing dog- dweeb

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 8:20am PST 
I used to live in Huntington Beach.. laugh out loud
[notify]
Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 12:25pm PST 
My fiance had Molly and Benz before we met. I do know that Benz was named for his mom, Mercedes.
Koda was already named when I got him.
Matt named Sally. I wanted to name her Vesper (it means evening star) but he had other ideas. My friends and Matt found her in the park in mid October. She was so emaciated, tick ridden and she had tufts of hair missing from her tail. Matt thought that in light of the up coming holiday and with how rag doll-ish she looked, she should be named Sally. After the rag doll character in the movie Nightmare Before Christmas (our favorite movie). Her nick/middle name, Beaker, is from me. She would sit hunched over like a vulture with dopey look on her face. She reminded me of Beaky Buzzard from the Looney Toons. It just kind of stuck. smile
[notify]
Droopy CD,- RA, HH, TDI,- CGC

I didn't do it

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 3:06pm PST 
Droopy is named after the Tex Avery cartoon character.
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 3:11pm PST 
Her ears look like Nachos! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11