GO!

Dry flakey skin!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Cobi

I'm a lover not- a fighter :)

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 11:56pm PST 
Cobi still has the skin issue his vet viewed the flakes and said there wasn't anything he recognized. It just looks like doggie dandruff to me. His skin is not irritated and red, just flakey and dry. He's on blue buffalo dog food and gets hollistic treats,

Help frown I'm desperate!! Please
[notify]
Sabrina

American Bully- Love

Barked: Sun Jul 18, '10 12:07am PST 
hmm it might be the dog food affecting his skin.he might be allergic to something in the dog food.i recommend that you buy some dry coat shampoo or some coat condioner(either spray or shampoo will work).i spray this older brand on sabrina and it keeps her skin from getting dry and flakey even in the winter.i hope this helps you!
xoxo sabrina
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sun Jul 18, '10 7:10am PST 
Do you use fish oil? I have had pretty good results with the liquid kind. I use wild alaskan salmon oil for Allee and Bama.
Also which blue is he on? I have found that Allee gets more flakey on foods that aren't fish based. She tends to do better on fishy ones. She even had dandruff on wellness core and TOTW high prairie but hardly any on TOTW pacific.

And, a good shampoo and cond with oatmeal will help somewhat.
A really good brand to look for is Tropiclean Oxy Med.

Edited by author Sun Jul 18, '10 7:12am PST

[notify]

Cobi

I'm a lover not- a fighter :)

Barked: Mon Jul 19, '10 3:00pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions!

Cobi is on the Blue Buffalo large breed chicken. And we use Tropiclean shampoo the oatmeal kind, I will try the Oxy Med! Thanks so much!
[notify]
Meeko

our little- boston- TERROR!!!!!

Barked: Tue Jul 20, '10 5:40pm PST 
meeko suddently developed EXTREMELY dry skin. it started to peel like ones skin does after a sunburn. anyways i started to add dr maggie's skin & coat formula...it took about 6 wks but his skin is back to normal...maybe even better!! he always had areas on his body where his hair was thin but that has filled in too!!way to goway to goway to goway to goway to go
[notify]