GO!

New Natures Variety Instinct Salmon formula- coming out in June

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Wed May 26, '10 1:23pm PST 
No ingridients have been listed yet, but it was posted in the news on FB.
NV Salmon
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed May 26, '10 5:50pm PST 
Woohoo! Dig the new bags too!
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 5:23am PST 
Oh boy smile Awesome, I was wondering if/when they'd do a fish formula. We tried the rabbit formula with Quincy, he did pretty well on it. The only thing I noticed was that he shed a lot on it, but I don't know if it was the food, or if he was just blowing his coat. It was that time of year. I'll have to give this a try the next time we do fish. He's currently eating BB salmon, next bag is Earthborn Holistics Primitive Natural (mostly turkey/chicken) then we do a red meat, not sure what yet, then this. Thanks for the heads up smile
[notify]

Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 5:36am PST 
AWESOME!!! I was wondering why they didnt have a grain free fish formula.way to goblue dog
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 11:08am PST 
I really like the company and was using the food for awhile, but sadly,
some ingredient in it gave my dogs the worst tear (and mouth!) stains they've ever had. I think it was the food at first. I do give various supplements, but I got to thinking that I've always given the supplements and they didn't have the stains before. So, I switched their food...at the time to Wellness CORE RF. All the staining went away!! I guess it was the food frown...so, it is not for us. Great food, though, IMO. We're are actually feeding Canine Caviar and Blue Buffalo at the moment.
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 12:57pm PST 
Did you try their prarie or instinct line? I think their prarie has yeast in it, Uno has bad reaction to yeast, it'll give him rash, eye discharge, bad breath and he'll itch non stop. I think their grain free line is yeast free, not sure though.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 1:05pm PST 
We were using the Instinct Duck. All the dogs' had stains, not just Stella and Desi (the stains show up on them). Eventhough you couldn't see them on the dark dogs, they were still there. I actually think it might've been the montmorilite clay (spelling?) that did it because that is an ingredient they've never had in any other food. ?
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 1:31pm PST 
If it has about the same amount of calories as the other formulas that will be great. I wish my local pet supply store still carried it, I would love to feed that in the summer when Daddy has his seasonal allergies.
[notify]
Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 6:01pm PST 
This is great - I'm just hoping it doesn't have something like eggs in it, that Zack is allergic to. We tried the rabbit one for awhile, it was okay but it made the poo really soft and hard to clean up.

We are always looking for new foods Zack can try.
[notify]
Allie - RIP

Mom thinks I'm- just BEAUTIFUL - am I?

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 3:52pm PST 
I just bought the beef and barley. It has eggs, and all of their formulas seem to be about the same (except for the protein, of course), so my guess is that the salmon will have it, too. I suppose it increases the protein percentage...which seems to always be 26%.

Oh, I just looked at the ingredients again, and the beef sure does have eggs...chicken, quail, pheasant and duck eggs! This is an allergic dog's nightmare!! Luckily, Allie does not seem to be allergic to anything!

Edited by author Fri May 28, '10 3:56pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2