GO!

Dog friendly Hotels

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Tue May 11, '10 11:05am PST 
Does anyone know a website that states all the Dog friendly hotels in Canada / the states?

Thanks
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue May 11, '10 11:18am PST 
Is there a specific place you are looking for? You are much more likely to get better information first-hand on these forums. A massive list like that would have lots of problems - some hotels might change policies, some might allow dogs but have a lot of restrictions, or would be unpleasant for a whole host of other reasons, etc.

I stayed in a place just 5 minutes away from the O'Hare cargo buildings (I can't remember the place at the moment) that was just awesome.
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Tue May 11, '10 12:40pm PST 
I found:
http://www.petfriendly.ca/

for Canada and

http://www.dogfriendly.com/

for the USA. I've stayed at some of the places listed for the USA site, but I always called ahead or checked the hotel's website to confirm pet friendliness.
[notify]

Dusti

I love to eat- the bills

Barked: Tue May 11, '10 4:24pm PST 
If you go, PRINT off the website's advertised pet policy and take it with you.

We are currently at a Day's Inn, and we booked the place because the website's pet policy stated "Pets accepted. $10.00 USD per pet, per day."

and when we got here they tried to say that they had a 35lb limit (Dusti is 65lbs easy, so it's not like I could lie very well) so I pulled out the printed website and asked them to "SHOW ME" where it says the 35lb limit.
He kinda shrugged a little and said "well if the dog messes in the room we will have to charge you for it" like no duh, I told him the worst she would do was leave some hair behind. We purposely left Hawk the Lab mix with my sister because he's too hyper, but Dusti is as perfect of an angel as you can get blue dog

What is really really funny??? Once we got in the room (with Dusti) the information book says that they have a "no pets" policy!!! Nobody can make up their mind I guess!!
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Wed May 12, '10 6:38pm PST 
LOL...so do little dogs not poop??? The amount might be less, but it takes just as much time to clean up.
[notify]
Carter---the- Party- Starter---

Relentless!

Barked: Thu May 13, '10 9:54am PST 
Just a few hotels i know accept dogs at no or a small fee:
Motel 6/8 ---most other chain motel style places do
Westins/Sheratons ( most starwood properties, but not all)
Kimpton Properties...they don't just accept them they LOVE them and for free
[notify]
Maggie & Porter

We are serious- trouble

Barked: Thu May 13, '10 9:27pm PST 
Don't forget La Quintas!!! No pet fee big grin
[notify]
Kato

Birds!

Barked: Fri May 14, '10 10:27am PST 
Oooo thanks for all the info guys. I was just starting to look for some pet friendly hotels in Wisconsin. I've never needed to stay at a hotel with my dog before, but I may need to if I do bring him on vacation with me this summer. I wasn't exactly sure where to begin, and I will definitely do all of these little tips and pointers if I do book a room. I've always had plenty of problems with hotels not doing something right, or messing up booking, so the printed proof sounds like an excellent idea! happy dance
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Fri May 14, '10 10:36am PST 
Wow! Thanks guys.
I'm going to Ontario (Niagra falls and Hamilton)
So I'm going to try finding some places up there. Has anyone stayed in a hotel there before? (that's pet friendly)

I also need to find some things to do with her, because I read one place that says dogs can't be left at the hotel alone at all (which is sort of a duh thing, but I want to go to like Marineland...and i don't think Chloe's allowed in there...)
[notify]
Kato

Birds!

Barked: Fri May 14, '10 4:02pm PST 
Oh, Niagara Falls is beautiful. I can't speak about hotels though because I didn't have a dog with me when I went so I wouldn't have even noticed any dog friendly signs if there were some.

One thing I found interesting was the diversity from the American side to the Canadian side. The American side is more open and laid back. The Canadian side is more touristy with carnival rides and games to play. At least that's how it was when I went years ago.

Oh, and the maid of the mist rides are very neat too. The one I was on got a little too close for my comfort. I thought we were going to get sucked into the falls! But it was still very cool. They probably don't let dogs on there though lol. Do they make doggy ponchos?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2