GO!

RIP Shelby Girl

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Bailee

Here\'s my Wubba- - now play with- me!!

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 5:46am PST 
My brother's 13-year old Golden Retriever, Shelby, had to be put down last night. It came totally as a surprise, she has definitely slowed down in recent years and has had issues with steps (she won't go up or down them anymore) but other than that she's been fine, outwardly at least. At about 8:45 last night she had a seizure and then had three more in the next hour. They took her in to her vet and I don't know exactly what happened from there (I called him but he wasn't able to talk to me, he was too upset) but the vet said there was nothing they could do for her. My niece and nephew are 15 and this is the only pet they've ever had, everyone is taking it very hard. She was such a good girl. dog RIP Shelby girl little angel
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 5:51am PST 
Awww...Baileee...so sorry to hear of Shelby making her way to the Bridge....hughughug
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 7:04am PST 
Bailee, I am so sorry for Shelby and your brother's family...hug
[notify]

Bailee

Here\'s my Wubba- - now play with- me!!

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 7:13am PST 
Thanks everyone. I talked to my brother this morning, he said that the vet told him that there was a 95% chance that it was brain cancer and seizures is how it typically presents. The vet said they could put her on meds but my brother felt that would only postpone the inevitable and would be selfish of them since Shelby was obviously suffering. The kids stayed home from school today, my nephew in particular is taking it very hard. They are building a box to put her in then they are going to bury her in the yard. My brother said he feels like he's lost a part of himself.
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 7:27am PST 
hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 11:50am PST 
hughug Shelby hughug and Shelby's family hughug

little angel
[notify]
Stacey Mae

Barked: Fri Apr 30, '10 8:16am PST 
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet girl Shelby. She is now running freely over at Rainbow Bridge. I will be praying and thinking of you during this sad time. hug
[notify]
Frank

My dog is- spoiled, as he- should be!

Barked: Fri Apr 30, '10 10:18am PST 
I'm so sorry Bailey, for you, your brother and his whole family.
13 years is a long time to have a beautiful furry friend and companion and I'm sure that they are hurting over this very much. My heart and prayers to all! hughughughughughughughug

May Shelby meet up with those other wondeful babes that have gone over the bridge.
[notify]
Jay Jay jr.

Barked: Fri Apr 30, '10 4:39pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]