GO!

Yet another Furminator question???

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sat Apr 24, '10 6:12pm PST 
This morning I gave Moira (3 year old BC/Lab - long BC coat that sheds like a Lab) a bath. This evening I used the Furminator for the first time. I think I did it correctly, but there never was an end. Because it is a cutting blade, will there be a stopping point? Especially in the area my sister calls her pants?

Her coat looks fantastic. Super black and shimmery with the off black undercoat gone.

Can I use it again in a week without giving her another bath? The instruction sheet says clean hair only.

Gretta, I still love the Oxymed products for Moira. She had some dandruff before her bath. It is ALL gone.

Thank you.
[notify]
Scout

Girls Rule!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 24, '10 6:30pm PST 
I use the Furminator every day on my GSD and my mutt. It gets out the undercoat, which for the GSD is very important.
[notify]
Spuds "The- Angel Potato- Head"

Thinking of my- pal Troop!!

Barked: Sat Apr 24, '10 7:24pm PST 
I use it once a week on Spuds without giving a bath. I thought it said to use on dry hair only...

I go by the fur trails on the rug, when I see them from him rolling around, it's time to furminate, or before we go on road trips. way to go
[notify]

Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Sat Apr 24, '10 7:35pm PST 
I wouldnt use it more then once a week. Also since as u put it the shedding seemed never ending I would not use it in the same spot more then 3-5 strokes of the tool.
[notify]
Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sat Apr 24, '10 9:19pm PST 
Thank you, everyone.

Daisy, that's what I thought, though I may have made a few more passes in her pants area. Once a week on relatively clean fur - not necessarily freshly washed. Got it!

It did look like the advertisement they use with the Golden, except the fur was black. It's a good thing she likes being groomed. Now we'll see if she sheds less this week.
[notify]