GO!

Does your dog purr?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Monty RL1- AoE CGC

I think I'm a- king among dogs

Barked: Mon Mar 29, '10 11:35pm PST 
Sometimes Monty will make a rumbly-grunty noise that sounds distinctly like a cat purring. Walter doesn't. Sometimes it seems like he wants something, sometimes he seems quite content. Does your dog purr? What do you think it means when he does? I like it, it's a very cute, calming sound.
[notify]
Angel, CGC

Throw the- ball!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 2:29am PST 
Well, Angel meows.
[notify]
Vivace

Wonder pup in- the making.

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 6:50am PST 
I snore and whine. That is about it. Skippy makes happy grunting noises.
[notify]

Isy

Anything if you- just throw the- ball!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 7:27am PST 
Mine will kinda sigh when they have an itch or tickle they can't quite get and I reach in and get it for them. It is very much an "oh yeah! That's the spot!" kind of moan. It's cute! Other than snoring like old ladies (mainly Scarlet), no other strange noises here. They do have barks that will knock down brick walls.... laugh out loud
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 7:36am PST 
My little Dubs makes cooing sounds and has a funny little growl/purr noise.

She is an odd little dog, and has all kinds of "instinct" behaviors, like burying her food in her blankets and doing little dances around the water dish before she drinks.
[notify]
McKayla

DING! Fries are- ready!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 7:52am PST 
Kayla sounds like she purrs when excited, but when she is REALLY excited she winneys and snorts like a horse. It is loud and rather funny. Sometimes I look around for a minature horse!
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 1:34pm PST 
My dog makes weird sounds that other dogs don't.

He makes noises that sound like weird growls/grunts. He'll do it when I pick him up, play with him or pay attention to him.

I should get this on video, because it's really hard to explain.
[notify]