GO!

How do you store all of your grooming supplies?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Cricket

Kiki, Crickie,- Keek, Diva, Miss- Priss

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 7:18am PST 
Hello! I am not a professional groomer, but I have a standard poodle, so needless to say I have accumulated quite an array of grooming supplies. I currently have them stored in a rubbermaid bin, but I am quickly outgrowing it, and I feel like I am constantly digging through it to find what I want. How do you all store/organize your grooming supplies so that they are out of sight, but easily accessible? Thanks! big grin
[notify]
Claire, CGC

I'm a little- stinker!

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 3:53pm PST 
I'm not a professional groomer, either, but have 3 poodles I groom myself. Most of my tools and supplies are in a plastic tool box that I got at WalMart. Just look for one that looks like it will hold your things. Mine has a top tray with compartments for blades, dremmel attachments, nail clippers, and the bottom is where I keep my clippers, dremmel tool, and other larger items.
[notify]
Mollie Jo- CGC

*LICK* *LICK*- *LICK* *LICK*

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 6:31pm PST 
I home groom my 2 poodles and keep all of my clippers/scissors/brushes/combs and things in a small (luggage type...got it at the goodwill) bag. My bag has pockets and side compartments so keeps everything nice and tidy.
[notify]

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 11:27pm PST 
My doggies grooming supplies are in my guest bathroom. It is where I give them their baths. Under the cabinet I keep their shampoos (the ones not in the bathtub) and cotton balls, perfumes, my clippers that I cut Allee's hair with etc. In the top drawer is their meds like frontline, heartworm prev, tooth paste and tooth brushes, and Brodie's wipes that I clean his face with.
The second drawer has the hairbrushes, combs, scissors, toenail clippers, Allee's nail polish, etc and the last drawer has their shirts and collars.
[notify]
Baron

Amen. Bow Wow.- Says it all.

Barked: Tue Nov 24, '09 8:12am PST 
would a rolling plastic drawer set work for you, with smaller drawers on the top to hold blades and combes etc? (kinda like the rubbermaid but on wheels and with drawers?) you can get them at walmart or target Just about any place.

shrug
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Tue Nov 24, '09 10:21am PST 
I use the plastic drawers sets, like Baron mentions. That way you can seperate things like brushes, shampoos, nail clippers, hair clippers, etc etc.
[notify]
Lady Chloe- of the Far- Reaches

I'm just a big- furry fishy!

Barked: Tue Nov 24, '09 2:07pm PST 
Tossed in a basket on a shelf where we can get to it easily.

Anything that works it's way to the bottom of the basket is not being used and gets tossed out to donate to the shelter or give to someone who thinks they will use it. That keeps the small basket fairly empty, and also keeps it -small.-
[notify]