GO!

for those that feed kibble and raw...

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dodger

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '09 11:16pm PST 
Is there a reason you choose to do one in the morning and one at night? Like, is it better to do kibble in the morning and raw at night? Thats what it seems most of you do... Would raw in the morning, kibble at night be just as fine? Thanks!
[notify]
Moly- Dollydoll

Kumol

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 1:40am PST 
I don't know ..My dog likes raw meats ..and since then I never feed her dogfood which is sold in the market ..Badly, I don't know are raw meats good for her health??
you know, as a master we want the longevity for our dog
way to go
[notify]
Artan

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 1:54am PST 
I'm not sure about everybody else but I assume some think like me. I feed kibble in the mornings because it isn't time consuming. Mornings usually are busy time. Getting ready for school, work, waking up, cleaning and all that stuff. So you have more time to prepare and clean up after a dog that just ate raw at night. At least that was my reason for doing raw at night xD
[notify]

Maddie

little rocket

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 3:37am PST 
As far as the dog is concerned, I don't think it matters when you feed the raw and the kibble, as long as you alternate it shouldn't upset the digestion.

I like to feed kibble in the morning because it is easier - sometimes I even put her breakfast in a busy ball that she rolls around while I'm getting the kids ready, packing lunches, etc...

She gets her raw for dinner.
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 5:24am PST 
Yup, I usually feed kibble in the morning and raw at night, because geneally Uno isnt very hungry in the morning, so he'll try to bury the meat and I just dont have time to play around with him to make sure he eats it and I dont want to leave it laying around the house getting spoiled.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 7:02am PST 
We eat raw for breakfast and kibble for dinner. The reason is that we love our raw meat and gobble it down. Our person needs to go to work and doesn't want to have to wait around to see if we will eat the kibble and doesn't want to leave the kibble out when she isn't home.

In the evening we get kibble. It isn't as good and sometimes takes hours for us to decide we are hungry enough to eat some of it.

This works well for us.
[notify]
Geisha

Minion of- Destruction!!

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:06am PST 
Interesting this question came up when it did. We just started rose & geisha on raw/kibble I gave it to them in the morning just because the meat was thawed . I suppose it really wouldn't matter.
[notify]
Chocolate

Benjamin Button- of dogs

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:29am PST 
yeah I think thats alot better. If you feed kibble in the morning(which takes 12 hours to digest) and you feed raw later, it has probably only been 7 hours so raw may still be backed up, feeding kibble at night gives it like 10 hours
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:48am PST 
I feed Kit raw in the morning and kibble at night.

Mostly because he has more energy in the morning, and giving him his raw food gives him something to do in the morning other than drive me crazy. laugh out loud Also because I live with my fiance, and he isn't too keen on Kit eating raw. So I give Kit raw after he leaves for work, so he doesn't have to deal with it at all.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:51am PST 
I do the Nature's Variety raw medallions and Instinct kibble. Two dogs get only the raw medallions, but the other 2 get kibble and raw. I mix them together morning and evening. Per their website, and an email I sent, it is okay to mix them together. So far, it's working fine. Dogs are doing great on this food. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they are doing better than on Orijen or Acana! I've truly become a Nature's Variety fan lol.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2