GO!

I need a new car!! But which one?!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Major

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '09 6:32am PST 
Hello everyone.

I currently drive a little Clio which is 11 years old and I normally have the seats down with a big cage in the back for the dogs....I have three dogs...a German Shepherd and two little terriers. I need a new car with a big boot (obviously!) but Im really stuck as to which one...an estate, a 4 x 4 like a Rav or an SUV like a Land Rover or something similar??

Any advice or reviews would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Helen....and Major, Vinny and Maisy.smile
[notify]
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 6:34am PST 
This might be a good place for you to start looking:
http://www.dogcars.com/
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 6:50am PST 
We LOOOOVE our Honda Element!
[notify]

Mr. Kite "Sumo"

being for the- benefit of mr.- kite.

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 7:45am PST 
my boyfriend's subaru outback is nice and comfy for the dogs...lots of room in the back. just a suggestion.
[notify]
Wisper

I smell- cinnamon!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 8:28am PST 
Subaru's are definitely nice! I like the Forester. Also, just a shot in the dark cuz I don't know if you are a member, but Subaru also gives a 1-3 grand discount to ASPCA members.way to go
[notify]
Daisy - In memory - 11/03/2011

Passive- Resistance- Rules!

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 9:17am PST 
I'm on my 3rd Honda CRV.

I like it because the back seats fold down in such a way that the entire back area is a flat surface and the folded seats create a barrier between the front seats and the back.
I may not have explained that very well. *sigh*

Anyway...this feature is the reason I continue to purchase CRV's over the RAV4.

Happy shopping!!!

-Wendy
[notify]
Ava, NTD

Miss Ava Roo

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 8:43pm PST 
I've got a Chevy Aveo way to go Awesome car and I wouldn't trade it for the world! But for bigger dogs, uhm, not so great. I mean, it works, and its very very compact (and the Bamboo seat leashes fit the buckles!), but I don't think there'd be room for more than two large dogs laugh out loud
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 9:42pm PST 
I went through this about 3 months ago, and finally decided on a Jeep Cherokee. I love it, when you fold down the back seats you have a huge space that is completely flat for the dogs, and gives you plenty of space if you crate while driving. It also has tie down "things" that you can secure the crates to with a strap. Even with the back seats up, you still have some room, but I always leave mine down, and the space is great for my 4. With the seats up, there is room for 2 large dogs in the back to lay and be comfortable, any more would be cramped. There are also some rear vents so the dogs get some a/c in the summer.
[notify]
Lita

Barked: Wed Sep 23, '09 5:33pm PST 
I love my nissan Versa smile it has more cargo room than anything in its class, very affordable, and nicely made (its called the Tiida in other countries, and at least in japan is considered a compact luxury car) so the interior doesnt look all cheaply made. i would say you could easily fit 3 crates back there with seats folded down
[notify]