GO!

tattoo portrait of your dog?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 12:32pm PST 
When I was at our county fair dog show i ran into one of the girls i was competing against. We started talking and she showed me her tattoo of her sheltie Kasey that recently died. It was a medium size portrait on her ankle. It looked real and very nicely done.

How many of you would get a tattoo of your dog?
[notify]
Angus The- Warrior

Wag well and wag- often.

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 12:51pm PST 
If I wasn't afraid of needles, I'd have a portrait of Angus done across my back--from shoulder to shoulder smile
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 1:03pm PST 
wow that sounds cool angus. in January im turning 20 and thought of getting a tattoo and what better to get is one of kashmir, but i am still thinking about it.
[notify]

Rudy

Rudy sin- barreras

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 9:37am PST 
If you go to Rudy's page you can see my tattoo I got of part of him.

I didnt want the run of the mill cartoon paw prints so I brought a digital picture of Rudy's paw into an artist who specializes in portraits. He sketched it off that and did basically a literal translation. I love it! It's on my left shoulder blade.

Sometime I have to get Kasper's done as well.

Edited by author Thu Aug 20, '09 9:39am PST

[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 1:20pm PST 
oh Rudy that is so awesome! It looks so good! I googled dog portrait tattoo and alot of people had them done.
[notify]
Dessie

Wow, that- sandwich looks- scrumptious!

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 1:31pm PST 
I am getting one. I'm unemployed at the moment so I don't want to delve into my savings for another tattoo.

My only suggestion is that you find a portrait artist to do it. Tattoo artists specialize in certain things (color, black and white, portraits...). Also look at their portfolio it will give you a very good idea of the quality of work you will get! There's nothing worse than a skewed portrait!

Just as an example Kat Von D from LA Ink is a portrait artist.
[notify]
Hayley Ann- CDX RA-ATB- 09/14/11

I love life (&- my mom)!

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 2:10pm PST 
Mom has a portrait of me on the calf of her leg and it's a portrait tattoo that's about 5X5. It's awesome and mom is very proud of it. She does however need to post a picture of it on my page. wink
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 6:50pm PST 
wow i didnt think so many people had tattoo's of their dogs. applause
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 6:59pm PST 
Tattoos are not for Mommy....but if she did get one it would be related to me and Gretta.
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 8:38pm PST 
I don't have a tattoo of my dogs (yet), but I do have a claddagh symbol with a crown, flames, and Mokie's paws holding the heart instead of hands. I am thinking it may only be the beginning of an eventual dog sleeve.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4