GO!

Why doesn't anyone want me??

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Tommy- (Adopted!)

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '09 8:38am PST 
Foster mom says I'm adorable and I love everyone! I'm so grateful to be out of the shelter and to be in a home. I'm housebroken, don't chew, get along great with other dogs and I think I'm a cute little guy. Other foster dogs with our rescue are getting adopted but I haven't had any interest at all yet. Do you think it's the mention of "Chow" in my breed mix? We don't know what I am but that's what I look like. Any suggestions? Thanks!
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '09 9:44am PST 
Aww Tommy you really are adorable!

Chows aren't terribly popular around here, so unless they are such an obvious Chow, we tend not to list them as chow mixes, but as whatever else they might be mixed with. Let folks click on your listing, see all those cute pics, read that you're housebroken, etc. Lots of people won't click on your listing if it says Chow mix. Sad but true. frown
Dobby (formerly Pongo)

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 7:05am PST 
Tommy, I think adoptions have been slow. Dobby has been with me since January. He's cute as a button, but until recently, no takers frown
[notify]

Dante

Cuddling,- walking, food,- it's all good.

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 11:19am PST 
How about Aus Shepard mixed with fluffy? That should stir some interest, I didn't see much chow in him.
[notify]
Indiana- Jones, CGC,- ThD

Forever loved,- forever missed.

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 2:48pm PST 
Oh, Tommy, you remind me of my Indy, and you are ADORABLE!!!

I would change the ad to say Aussie mix - some people just read Chow and run the other way! Chows are not terrible common dogs and I suspect many dogs labeled Chow do not have any chow in them, they just LOOK like the might!

Good luck finding a forever home, though, you are absolutely adorbale!
Tommy- (Adopted!)

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 4:56pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your input and support! Mom thinks I might have some Chow in me but I really am sweet and shouldn't have to suffer for the reputation of other dogs. We're going to try aussie mix or maybe aussie/keeshond mix but she doesn't want to mislead people either. Hopefully if a potential adopter meets me and realizes what a great boy I am, they won't care what breed mix my parents or grandparents are!
[notify]
Tommy- (Adopted!)

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 4:58pm PST 
Wow Dobby - I can't believe you've been adoptable since January! You're adorable and we thought smaller dogs usually got adopted fairly quickly. Hope your recent interest leads to an adoption soon!
[notify]
Indiana- Jones, CGC,- ThD

Forever loved,- forever missed.

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 5:02pm PST 
I would not worry about misleading people - heck, if he doesn't have chow in him you would be misleading people, too! Since there is no way to know for sure either way, don't worry about it! All that is important is that you describe his personality as accurately as possible.
Dante

Cuddling,- walking, food,- it's all good.

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 9:31pm PST 
I was listed as a lab, which I was, but only in part. I was also dane, boxer and dalmation
[notify]
Kado

Couch Potato

Barked: Sun Aug 2, '09 12:44am PST 
I'm an Australian Cattle Dog/Pit/English Setter? Or Pointer? or whatsit mix....

When my brother was listed by the shelter (his pic was in the paper and he looked just like me, he weighed a few pounds less), he was listed as an Australian Shepherd Mix, bol! laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7