GO!

Lovely Female Doberman Needs Home (MS)

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lucky *angel*

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 10:15am PST 
Her name is Phoenix, she is ~5 years old, and her former owners moved months ago and just left her behind. A couple of weeks ago, I was going in that direction for something, and saw her still at the abandoned house, all skin and bones. I asked the neighbor about it and he said that the woman who had owned Phoenxi told him to shoot her and he was going to do it! I loaded her up in the truck and am taking care of her for now. An uncle's friend was supposed to take her, but that fell through.

Phoenix is an absolutely beautiful dog. She is very sweet but is extremely hand shy and she shows other signs of having been abused. She is also pregnant by dog knows what, as she was running around on her own for at least 3 months and is not altered, but shows signs of having recently been in heat.

I have no illusions of adopting out a pregnant dog, but I would like to line up a home for her for after she has the pups, whom I will be finding a home for too. I would love to keep this dog, she is absolutely perfect, but the no dogs in the house rule still stands and I am not budging on not keeping a dog unless it can stay in the house.

Phoenix

Phoenix

Phoenix

Phoenix
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 10:23am PST 
She is BEAUTIFUL!! Too bad I'm so far away and already at my legal limit... I hope she finds a wonderful home.
[notify]
Lanie -ADOPTED!!

ADOPTED!!

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 10:37pm PST 
Are you still looking for a place for the dobe to go? I may be able to help.
[notify]

(Uncle)- Baxter

I'll move if you- move!

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 12:41am PST 
Oh, I wish that we were able to help, but we live in Australia...she would make a lovely sister!

I hope she finds a lively home soon.
[notify]
Lucky *angel*

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 1:51pm PST 
Yes, I am still looking for a place with her. She is most definately pregnant though. PM me?

Edited by author Sat Aug 15, '09 1:54pm PST

[notify]
♥Bind- i♥

Finally I have a- Forever Home!

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 6:11pm PST 
She is gorgeous!!
I really hope she finds a good home.
I was once like her, with no home, and left to die at a high kill shelter! I too found a wonderful home, and I really hope she does too...wishes
[notify]
Lanie -ADOPTED!!

ADOPTED!!

Barked: Thu Aug 27, '09 10:09pm PST 
Well this girl is safe now.

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3127

Suzanne I do commend you for doing the right thing and getting her to your yard for safe keeping. You should feel good about it. Fate is wonderful sometimes. I had just joined dogster and that was probably my first post was seeing her. I am so glad that my urgent e-mail connected everyone needed to pull this off. And the angels at D.A.N. worked their connections as well to get her into rescue and a flight/ride. Pilots N Paws really stepped up on short notice knowing she was pretty far along with the pups. Kudos to Pilot Jim. Kudos to ALL involved, some wonderful people came together for such a beautiful dobe.
[notify]
Lucky *angel*

Barked: Wed Sep 9, '09 5:04pm PST 
And you are an absolutely amazing person to do what you did and put it all together. applause
[notify]
Lanie -ADOPTED!!

ADOPTED!!

Barked: Wed Sep 9, '09 5:49pm PST 
Aw well thanks. Just some connections and some e-mails. I did probably the least of all. YOU saved her plus her 9 pups! Kudos!!!
She also has a page on www.doberman911.org. So you can track her progress. Do you have the site for the rescue she went to as well?

Edited by author Wed Sep 9, '09 5:50pm PST

[notify]
Eve

Eve: aka Evil- Sidewinder

Barked: Thu Sep 10, '09 4:15am PST 
Lucky & Lanie & all the wonderful people in between .... great job & thanks for saving this beauty & her pups .

as for her former family .... i hope a 1000 dogster fleas settle in their armpits ! shrug i just don't know how people can abandon their pets this way ! naughtynaughtynaughty
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2