GO!

What other breeds has your purebred been mistaken for?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
MaggieMay

Queen Of The- Universe

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:22pm PST 
Sawyer (Labrador) has been called the following by strangers. Golden Retriever, Pitbull, Labradoodle, and Vizla. big laugh

Maggie May (American Cocker Spaniel) has been called the following. Dalamtian Puppy (when clipped short), Beagle (again when clipped short), English Cocker Spaniel, and a Springer Spaniel. laugh out loud

What have your purebreds been mistaken for?
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:26pm PST 
Luna (miniature pinscher) get "mini doberman" (????) and chihuahuas a lot.. almost everyday.

Lantis (Doberman) gets mistaken for Great Danes and Rotties.

And Lilith? Everyone just assumes she's a Sibe pup. That, or a wolf.

The Great Dane one throws me off the most. thinking

Edited by author Sun Jun 28, '09 1:27pm PST

[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:40pm PST 
When she was little, a lot of people thought Lupi (a Dachshund) was a Rottie or possibly a Doberman, because of her colouring.
One man even asked us where we got her because he wanted a "protection dog" I laughed so hard, thinking how disappointed he would have been, waiting for his dog to keep growing!
[notify]

Droopy CD,- RA, HH, TDI,- CGC

I didn't do it

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:45pm PST 
We get bloodhound, beagle, and "weenie dog" the most. I had one person try to argue with me that Droopy could not be a basset hound because her friend had a basset and it's ears were much shorter and it's legs were longer. My dog had to be something else. naughty
[notify]
Gunner

All legs and no- tail

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:57pm PST 
Most people think Gunner is some kind of mutt or a Dalmatian. I've also gotten Weimaraner and Border Collie before. When we had Heidi, a solid liver GSP, we got asked if she was a chocolate Lab with a docked tail quite often.

The Bassets get confused for Beagles, Dachshunds, and Bloodhounds mostly.
[notify]
Jackson - 3/11/02 - 7/28/13

Just hold me!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 2:11pm PST 
Most people ask if I'm a pit bull, which of course is not a far stretch from an AmStaff, but Mom's favorite was when someone called me a Greyhound.big laugh
[notify]
Toby

As if I could- get cuter!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 2:22pm PST 
We get Doberman or german shepard fairly regularly, even rottie pup once. Usually we correct people and they say 'oh'. But once someone told me that chihuahuas were yellow, and I was scammed!!
[notify]
Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 2:26pm PST 
People ask if Rowan is a springer fairly often, but that's about it. I've been pleasantly surprised by how many people immediately go "Oh, a Brittany!" big grin
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 3:48pm PST 
Lots of people ask me if Addy is a poodle.

The ones I think of as "have eyes that are connected to their brains" laugh out loud, ask me if she is a poodle/Papillon cross or poodle/Lhasa cross. (I mean, sorry, folks, but her ears are not remotely poodle ears, and her hair is wavier than it should be but not curly enough for a poodle.)
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 3:58pm PST 
People always think Grace is a Boxer with a tail. Even Boxer owners think she's a Boxer with a tail. She is on the smaller side (85lbs.) - but in my opinion is way too "beefy" to represent a proper svelte Boxer. laugh out loud

Zeus - my big boy - is often mistaken too for an XXL Boxer or "Hooch" (Dogue de Bordeaux). I once had a man get in a heated argument with me - insisting that Zeus was a Cane Corso and not a Bullmastiff. Pfft. big laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12