GO!

Whats an English Pit Bull?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 5:05pm PST 
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pet/1232437457.html

I love pitties and bullies and want to rescue one some day. But I stumbles upon this add and I'm a little confused? Did they just make that up?
[notify]
Rosie

Is your breed- next? Ban BSL.

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 5:13pm PST 
Haha. There is no such thing as an "English" Pit Bull. They are probably just trying to get more for her by slapping a pretty name on her. Is it a rescue? I can give you a few rescues if you want. Just ask! big grin
Where are you located?
[notify]
Monroe- (Buckshot)

Judge me as an- individual.

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 5:19pm PST 
Like the previous poster said, there is no such thing as a "English" Pit Bull.
There is the American Pit Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Perhaps the owner of the dog bred english bull dogs and APBT together and decided to give it a "cutesy" "designer" name?
Or it is someone who clearly doesn't know about their bully breeds.

If you're looking to rescue and are located in the United States, you can try Petfinder to search for adoptable dogs in your area smile
[notify]

Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 7:42pm PST 
She doesn't look like she has any English Bulldog in her. I can't help but wonder where they got the idea there is an English Pit Bull. I know its American Pit Bull Terrier... maybe they confused the two countries shrug I'm tempted to email them and ask.

I don't think its a rescue. It was an ad on craiglist. Most likely a BYB or an irresponsible owner who can't care for her anymore cry

And thanks for offering to find me a rescue. But I'm not quite looking for another dog... YET! wink
[notify]
Rosie

Is your breed- next? Ban BSL.

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 8:01pm PST 
Cool! Its always nice to be prepared though, so that you don't have to spend time searching for rescues! You can just go to your rescue and pick one! Bol!
[notify]
Duppy- Conquerer- ~*CGC*~

cesorship wont- silence my bark

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 8:04pm PST 
I don't trust craigs list for reasons like this. Weird people..
[notify]
Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 8:17pm PST 
Duppy, I don't trust it either, but it entertains me and I like to read the adds. They do have rescues that advertise on there though, and people that are fostering also, thats how I got Stinky.

Rosalie, there are A LOT of pitty mixes and such in the shelters here. I don't think I would have a problem finding one. But if you can find a rescue around me I would be interested in looking . I'm in the Los Angeles are of California.
[notify]
In loving- memory of- Lilo

Support bully- love. Ban BSL.

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 8:02am PST 
Isn't there an English bull terrier?

Maybe the person just got the two breeds confused. American pit bull... English bull... seems easy enough to do... I still wouldn't trust it. I wouldn't buy a dog from anyone who can so easily get their breeds confused. confused

That, too, is why I stay away from Craigslist. Something there is always ticking me off.
[notify]
Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 10:53am PST 
Lilo I wasn't going to buy a dog. I was just browsing.

Here is what the man has to say for himself:

"and english pitbull is shorter and bigger boby structure also the head is wider. american pittbulls are tall and slimmer then english pitbulls and also american pittbulls have honey color eyes"

Yeah.... sure....
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 11:00am PST 
Uh..huh.

I'm almost thinking this person was told a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is an "English Pit Bull". American Pit Bull Terriers can have all sorts of eye and coat colors though.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2