GO!

Addison's Disease?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Callie

Is it time to- eat?

Barked: Wed Jun 17, '09 4:49pm PST 
Hey all. Here's an update on Callie. We got her tested today for Addison's Disease. While I'm not thrilled about this, I just want to figure out what is causing her problems. The vet thinks that the first round of tests points to this and so we completed the stimulation test today. Does anyone else's dog have this problem? Is there a special diet that can help??
[notify]
Callie

Is it time to- eat?

Barked: Sat Jun 27, '09 7:35am PST 
Update: Callie may have atypical addison's. She did stimulate normally with the test but her cortisol baseline continues to be low. (1.4 and 1.3....normal is 1.8 and above). Sooo, he put her on a low dose of prednisone every other day. She's only had two doses and so far I don't notice any difference at all. Wish my girl luck!
[notify]
Duchess- 7/21/03-1/14- /12 Love U

Sleeping Beauty- needs her beauty- sleep!

Barked: Sat Jun 27, '09 9:11pm PST 
Praying for you sweetie!

When Duchess was on prednisone, it made her drink more and obviously have to pee a lot more. Just wanted to warn you in case that happened with Callie.

hug red face

Edited by author Sat Jun 27, '09 9:13pm PST

[notify]

Demon *at- the Rainbow- Bridge*

Suffered a- Terrible Fate

Barked: Tue Jun 30, '09 4:04pm PST 
I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. It was AD that landed me up here... but that's only because they didn't catch it early enough.

-Demon
[notify]
Callie

Is it time to- eat?

Barked: Sun Jul 5, '09 4:16pm PST 
aww, I'm sorry. She's doing ok right now. She had one day last week when she was very ill but she pulled out of it. I'm still not 100% convinced that it's addisons but she's still on the prednisone. She has always drank a ton of water, so we're used to that!! Thanks for your prayers.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '11 10:34pm PST 
Now I am scared is addisons disease prevalent in Saints? My husband and son both have Addisons but I was a nurse and noticed symptoms skin changes depression how do you know with a dog? I am getting a SB from a breeder what questions should I ask? I am so sad for your loss they are still puppies at 2
[notify]