GO!

Probiodics Q, and should I be giving any other suppliments??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 1:23pm PST 
Kitsune had giardia back in April I believe, and after he was treated he still had the runs even though all his fecals kept showing up negative for everything. His vet had me start him on prodiodics thinking that he could have had low gut bacteria due to the giardia and giardia treatment. That seemed to do the trick.

Even though he's much better now, would it be ok to keep giving him probiodics just as maintence? When he was having problems the vet told me to mix it in his food once a day - would I still give it to him every day now or would a couple of times a week be better? Or does it not matter?

Also, is there any other types of suppliments I should be giving him? He's healthy, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything important. He eats Wellness Just for Puppies. Oh, and he's a 5 month old 14 lb papillon.

He has a vet apt. coming up so I can ask all this stuff to the vet then, but I want other opinions too.

Thanks!
[notify]
♥- Bree Berry- ♥

♥Yes I'm- That Cute! - ♥

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 1:46pm PST 
Probiodics, won't hurt him. I have had mine on them for the past year with a tsp. of Raw Apple Vinger in the H20! Its really good for them..
[notify]