GO!

Is it time for Zipper?

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Zipper - In Memory

Man's Best- Friend

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 7:30am PST 
I have posted into the get well soon form about Zipper. His stomach twisted on him and now is not doing well. He had the emergency surgery that he needed. We brought him home yesterday evening. He hasn't been the same. He isn't responding to use like he did. We call his name he will wag his tail a little and look at us then lay his head back down.

We are thinking about letting him go. dog
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 7:53am PST 
He's probably still feeling the effects of anesthesia, and I would bet the vet put him on a pretty strong pain killer and antibiotic as well. Both medications can cause lethargy, and well... I would be pretty confused if I were on valium without knowing what valium is.

If you think something is really wrong, call the vet ASAP. It's possible there has been an complication to the surgery. Whenever the stomach or intestines are involved, there's a chance sutures can come undone causing food and digestive juices to leak into the dog's body.

Otherwise I would just let him rest a while. When he's had some time, encourage gentle, easy, positive interaction and activity to keep his spirits up - There's a fine line between letting them be and letting them atrophy, but you'll find it. Even though the procedure went well, it was a major surgery, and he needs to recover. Most dogs who have had bloat surgery do fine once they've healed.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 7:53am PST 
So sorry to hear that he's not doing well. Is he in any pain at the moment? I am hoping and praying for Zipper hug
[notify]

Fenway, CGC

Who loves ya- baby?

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 11:52am PST 
Zipper is probably in the healing process. It will take a while. Hugs to Zipper.
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 5:28pm PST 
Awww...Zipper...maybe you will feel a bit better in the morning...my prayers are with you...hughug

Heh Fenway? Long time no see!!
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 11:47pm PST 
It will take some time for Zipper to heal and act like himself...plus the drugs will do a number on him....I don't think the vet would have sent him home with you if he felt that he had no chance of survival....please don't get discouraged too soon. I know it is hard to watch them go through this, but one day he may just surprise you and start acting much better. He is probably also a little shell-shocked too. We will be praying for Zipper and for you. Please keep up posted....we know it is a hard decision and one that must be made out of love....but I hope he will heal and be here longer to share more love with you.
[notify]
Zipper - In Memory

Man's Best- Friend

Barked: Thu May 21, '09 4:05am PST 
we don't think it is the meds. we are taking him to the vet today. Right now he is laying in his bed he wont even look at us when we call his name and he wont move.
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Thu May 21, '09 5:06pm PST 
Oh....still sending prayers...we know it is such a hard time...hopefully the vet can give you some answers and you will know what to do. We are so sorry.
[notify]
♥- Penny/Sassy

Barked: Thu May 21, '09 7:51pm PST 
hug We are still hoping and praying for Zipperhug
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 2:14am PST 
Zipper? How are you feeling today? Did you get to see the Dogtor??

hughughughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3