GO!

My little carnivore...

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 12:27pm PST 
I am always awed by my little carnivore. So wolf-like!

Especially in how she eats grass like she thinks she's a cow...

And last night, on our walk, we came across a dead rat. She didn't notice it until a bit later (perhaps when I stopped, but I'm not sure). To her credit, it wasn't moving.

She also didn't recognize the duck eggs I found in my parents' yard as food. She did, however, recognize them as tennis balls.

Yep, raw has DEFINITELY made her into a prey-driven wolf who's impossible to live with.wink
Byron

Bridge Angel - always loved

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 1:25pm PST 
You mean she's turned into a blood-thirsty, flesh-shredding child eater??? (Isn't that what eating raw does to dogs)?
eek
[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 3:45pm PST 
My little carnivore mourned the dead mouse I put in his dish. I have a huge bag of completely feathered, whole dead quail that I am sure are going to ruin the day of my little carnivore! big laugh He is going to need to "nurse" on his "mum ball" for a week once he sees these!big laughbig laugh

What a little wimp I have.laugh out loud
[notify]

Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 6:41pm PST 
big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Pepper

you say cookie?- now I listen.

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 9:19pm PST 
really it's a miracle that any of us are here to talk about this. having blood thristy raw fed dogs and cats we should, at a minimum, be missing fingers and toes.
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 11:26pm PST 
hmm, *I* keep worrying that she will see her BFF doxie as some sort of meals on wheels. Those little front legs ya know....

winklaugh out loud

gotta watch out for those carnivores....shock

Edited by author Fri May 1, '09 11:34pm PST

[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 6:24am PST 
big laughbig laugh Bo hasn't tried to eat the pugs yet. They are pretty meaty little things. big laughbig laugh

I have seen him hunt some butterflies, nasty little beasts those are!big laugh
[notify]
Sally Jo

Squirrel?!- where?!?! I'll- eat it!!

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 8:11am PST 
Yep, Sally will admire the squirrles in the trees, but if I give her one no way she'll eat it.
[notify]
Kyan

No, I'm not a- wolf.

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 9:15am PST 
Kyan's best friends are a mini-pack of 3 dachshunds. Thank goodness they resemble hot dogs... he knows over-processed meat when he sees it and he's far too blood-thirsty for that sort of "meal" .way to go
[notify]
Karl Pierre

Oh my. Where did- all this hair- come from

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 9:48am PST 
Well happy to hear that you all are having the same problems that we are.

I mean I've had to have my hubby type this for me because they have chewed off or bitten off all my fingers. He can't walk because they ate his toes. In fact the little white wiener dog is right next to me. It looks like he's sleeping but I think he just might be planning something awful! So if you guys don't hear from me for a few days know that I think dearly of you all my friends but, it seems feeding my pups a species appropriate diet has caught up with me. I fear my days are numbered. I must go now the big one is looking at me.

big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3