GO!

The ADOPT 09 STROLL and CONTEST is here!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Gibbon

I came. I saw.- I conquered!

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 5:59pm PST 
It’s time for The 4th Annual Adopt Stroll and Contest! Originally created by my pal, Lucia, we have kept the contest rockin' and rollin’ and every year gets more exciting!way to go The deets are below!

What is the mission of the contestshrug
By our own dogster pals and members sharing pictures and stories of how an adopted pup has brought joy, love and fulfillment to one’s life, we hope to inspire, motivate and encourage others to consider adoption when adding a member to their family. So many beautiful pups wait in cages and foster homes throughout the country. If this contest can change just one person’s mind to adopt, it will be a true accomplishment!

Who can enter and what do you need to do?shrug
All Dogsters are welcome!! Pups who have been adopted, awaiting adoption, transport pets or volunteer or who just support adoption! That’s pretty much every pup! BOL! You do not have to be adopted to be eligible. Your entry MUST include a picture and a diary entry or bio on your page. The entry/bio can be a story, a poem, an essay so long as it's on your page! Feel free to be creative BUT it must reflect adoption – and what it means to you.

There will be a Grand Prize, 2nd, 3rd and Five Honorable Mentions for the main adoption category as well as the Rainbow Angel category, which was added to the 2008 contest. There is a NEW category for 2009, which is Dog‘s Best Friend! You, as a pup, can nominate your Mom or Dad if they are active in rescue and adoption! That means they MUST work, volunteer, transport, foster or coordinate in rescue/shelter and/or adoption. If unsure whether your Mom or Dad qualifies, please ask us!

What's the Deadline?shrug
Pictures must be entered before Sunday, May 10th @ 9 pm Dogster time ~~ that gives you plenty of time to decide on your entry!

Can I enter more than one picture?shrug
Only ONE picture per pup. If you have siblings or fosters, each dog can have one individual photo entered with their own entry/bio. Entering more than one photo can cause you to be disqualified!

What type of picture?shrug
Photos must capture 'the good life'. Whether it's lounging on a comfy couch, playing fetch with your human or wrestling with your siblings - any picture that shows the positive impact of being in a great home! Natural pictures are preferred but you can enter a picture that is animated, edited or anything else to celebrate adoption and rescue. No special consideration is given for edited pictures.

What's the tag for the stroll?shrug
For the Main Adoption category, tag your pic ~~ mainadopt09stroll
For the Rainbow Angel Category, tag your pic ~~ Angeladopt09stroll
For the Dog’s Best Friend Category, tag your pic ~~ DBFadopt09stroll

Make sure you check out the STROLLS!
Main Adopt 09, Rainbow Angel Adopt 09, Dog’s Best Friend Adopt 09

What about the diary entry/bio? shrug
For your diary entry, you must title the entry ADOPT 09 CONTEST so we know which diary to review. If it is in your bio, please be sure you also place the same title at the place of the bio you want us to consider. It can never be too short or too long so long as it is about adoption and what it has meant to you. For the Dog’s Best Friend category, we also ask that you tell us why you nominated your Mom or Dad.

We cannot consider an entry that is not appropriately titled. If you have FALLING OBJECTS on your page, please note that some of us judges might have trouble opening your page to read your entry, we will try to notify you but understand that there will be several entries to review. To make it easier, please consider removing the falling objects during the two week judging period.

Who are the judges?shrug
We have a wonderful circle of judges! Thank you to Ariel (Rainbow Angel Adopt 08 Winner), Daisy Mae, Dickens (2nd Place Adopt 08 Winner), Georgie, Gracie Jane (3rd Place Adopt 06 Winner), Griffen, Jubilee (3rd Place Adopt 08 Winner), Molly (Grand Prize Adopt 08 Winner), Raskol, Sassy, Shiloh, The Fabulous Conway Sisters, Willey Tucker and ME!

OUR 2009 PRIZE LIST!!!blue dog

We thank all the individual pups who have reached into their pockets and hearts, all the dogsters who have businesses and donated their talent, service and specialties and a special thank you to Dogster and Best Bully Sticks for donating to the contest! For more detail on each prize, visit their sites!

All entries for all three strolls are eligible to win any of the winning slots (Grand, 2nd, 3rd and five HMs) for the main category. The Rainbow Angel and Dog’s Best Friend categories are reserved for entries who tag the applicable strolls. But wait, there‘s more! And there is ONE Special Award described below!

RAINBOW ANGEL
100 zealies donated by Dogster
100 zealies donated by Griffen
$100.00 to a Rescue of Choice Sassy
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice Gracie Jane
*NEW* $10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
6x6 custom painted portrait created and donated by Milo
*NEW* Create your own scrapbook from Shutterfly (up to $50 value) donated by Willie
A dog sampler pack from Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by connecting to Morgan’s Blog donated by Gibbon to be given to Rainbow Angel’s sibling or donated to a rescue of choice
$25.00 Barnes & Noble Gift Card donated by Mia
A custom pic created by Tinker Belle and placed on an item of choice from brettallen.com store
*NEW* A gift basket ($25 minimum value) donated by Sugar Danielle
A personalized mourning lights candle from Mourning Lights donated by Sassy
*NEW* A 6x8.5 Hallmark ceramic frame stating "A Pet's Love-Never replaced, Always remembered" donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
*NEW* A 4" Willow Tree Angel holding a puppy donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
A Rescues Rock bandana from Debrlee Shop donated by Shiloh
A gift certificate for a personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
2 dog bookmarks donated by Buddy
Personalized Adopt 09 Winner picture for dogster page donated by Shiloh
*NEW* One Angel Wings special gift, one Emerald and one Rainbow Rosette on page donated by The Golden Girl Sisters
Choice of emerald, diamond, rainbow or original star donated by Murphy of Kansas

DOG'S BEST FRIEND
50 zealies donated by Dogster
50 zealies donated by Buddy
*NEW* 40 zealies donated by Shandi
*NEW* 10 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
$100.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
*NEW* $25.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Amber
$25.00 donation in winner's name to Best Friends Animal Society donated by Chipper
$50.00 Petland Gift Card donated by Willey Tucker
Choice of 8x10 print from the Pure Bred collection with a set of greeting cards from Gen’s Art donated by Candy Marie
A large dog sampler pack donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
*NEW* A gift basket ($25 minimum value) donated by Sisters 3
A personalized mourning lights candle from Mourning Lights donated by Sassy
A custom pic created by Tinker Belle and placed on an item of choice from brettallen.com store
*NEW* A 6"x8" address bound book for dog lovers with photos/stories from the book "Dog People: What We Love About Dogs" (Proceeds benefited The Company of Animals Fund) donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
Personalized Adopt 09 Winner picture for dogster page donated by Eddie Essig
A bag of Have a Heart Peanut Butter and Honey Treats with special Adopt 09 Heart Cookie with winners name from Cosmo E Politan’s store, Noah’s Bark Woofery donated by Mia
A fleece blanket with winner's name and Adopt 09 embroidered donated by Sassy and Gibbon
An “R” is for Rescue keychain donated by Simba‘s site, Pop Dog Press
1 Emerald donated by Cherry
*NEW* One Rainbow Star on page donated by The Golden Girl Sisters

GRAND PRIZE
100 zealies donated by Dogster
150 zealies donated by River
$50.00 gift certificate code to Rescue of Choice donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by clicking through Morgan’s Blog who requested the donation!
$50.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice Gracie Jane
One Together Tag Rescue ID with Recovery Service donated by Dogster
A custom portrait on poster and one item of choice from the BrettAllen.com Café Press Site donated by Tinker Belle
$25.00 Gift Certificate to Lady, Angelica and Snickers’ store, Pampered Paw Gifts
$25.00 Gift Certificate to GW Little or Dr. Foster and Smith donated by Willie
Toy Cube with 8 surprise pup gifts donated by Dickens
*NEW* Two books by Patrick McDonnell, "Mutts. Shelter Stories. Love. Guaranteed.", a compilation of strips by McDonnell that focus on shelters and adoption (proceeds benefited The HSUS) and a larger volume titled "The Best of Mutts" donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
A bag of Have a Heart Peanut Butter and Honey Treats with special Adopt 09 Heart Cookie with winners name from Cosmo E Politan’s store, Noah’s Bark Woofery donated by Mia
A bag of Baltimore Dog Bakery treats donated by Molly
A personalized candle from Babybear donated by Sassy
A fleece blanket with winner's name and Adopt 09 embroidered donated by Sassy and Gibbon
A gift certificate for personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
Choice of emerald, diamond, rainbow or original star donated by Murphy of Kansas
*NEW* One Diamond on page donated by The Golden Girl Sisters
*NEW* Choice of emerald, diamond, rainbow and yellow star donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

2ND PRIZE
75 zealies donated by Dogster
100 zealies donated by Murphy of PA
*NEW* 15 zealies donated by Chuppy
Kuranda Bed to Rescue of Choice or equal value if Rescue is not listed on site donated by Spike
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Dante
$20.00 Petco or Petsmart Gift Card Buttercup
Toys/treats grab bag donated by Georgie’s store, Just Barks
*NEW* A Pre-Designed 8x8 Memory Scrapbook Album by Creative Impulse with 20 pre-made layered pages donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
A gift certificates for personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
A personalized silhouette of your profile with name on popdog keychain donated by Simba‘s site, Pop Dog Press
1 Diamond donated by Cherry
*NEW* One Yellow Star on page donated by The Golden Girl Sisters
*NEW* Choice of red, pink, blue (or white) ribbon rosette donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

3RD PRIZE
75 zealies donated by Dogster
*NEW* 25 zealies donated by Cashew and Family
10 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
40 zealies donated by Ozzie
$30.00 microchip donation to Second Chance Animal Rescue Society donated by Buddy
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Cherry
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Mia
$15.00 Gift Certificate to Petco donated by Scooter and Trudy
Toys/treats grab bag from Georgie’s store, Just Barks donated by Gibbon
*NEW* A 3"x6" replica of an antique advert for Clover's Dog Remedies, metal framed with three hooks at the bottom for dog leashes donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
A gift certificates for personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
A package of popdog greeting cards donated by Simba‘s site, Pop Dog Press
A special gift on page donated by Rusty
*NEW* One Golden Bone special gift on page donated by The Golden Girl Sisters
*NEW* Choice of red, pink, blue (or white) ribbon rosette donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

HONORABLE MENTIONS will EACH receive…
50 zealies donated by Dogster
50 zealies donated by Dickens, Georgie, The Fab Conway Sisters, Flecken and Gang OR Willey Tucker
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice from Gibbon who will donate for four HMs and Lady, Angelica and Snickers for one HM
A Gift pack full of treats Gigi - Harpur's Giddy Upp
Each HM will receive ONE of the grab bags to be chosen by Gibbon. Choices include: A hoodie and tee set donated by Jackson’s site, Just Barks , Toys/Treats Grab bag (40 pound dog) donated by Griffen, A Dogster dog toy gift pack donated by Mr. Bojangles, 3 loofah dog toys and bag of treats donated by Murphy of Kansas OR a small toy and Australian flag or bumper sticker donated by Rusty
*NEW* A doggy bookmark with a "I *heart* my dog" tag on the tassle donated by The Chicago Crew of Angels
A custom pic created by Tinker Belle
A Rosette donated by Mia for three HMs and Lassie for two HMs
*NEW* 3 HMs will receive either a Heart, Power of the Paw and Red Rosette and 2 HMs will receive a rosette of choice donated by The Golden Girl Sisters

**SPECIAL MYSTERY CATEGORY**
We cannot reveal how this special pup will receive the award and what it is for but what we can tell you is that one pup will be chosen and announced with all the winners! The chosen one will receive a super cool gift donated by a dogster family who loves to support adoption and make this contest even more fun!!!!

blue dogGet ready, set…GO! TAG those pictures and write those entries! WOOHOO! blue dog

Any questions, you can post here or p-mail me or any of the judges!way to go

Edited by author Tue May 12, '09 8:17pm PST

[notify]
♥- Sassy NPC- ♥

Save a Life &- Rescue

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 7:09pm PST 
Lets tag those pictures and write those entries. cheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]
Gibbon

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 8:10pm PST 
We are super excited! We want you guys to enter!way to go

also, we are receiving new prize donations so check back on the list. It will say NEW next to the prize!

Good luck and please feel free to ask questions about the contest here or p-mail one of the judges!dancing
[notify]

Nari

Faithful Angel

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 7:13pm PST 
I entered! wave This should be a wonderful contest with lots of great dogs and owners
[notify]
Gibbon

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 7:57pm PST 
Yay Nari! We are so happy you entered! You look like a very happy pup too! We cannot wait to read your entry!applause
[notify]
Mia

BIG GIRLS ...- They don't- CRY!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 18, '09 5:24am PST 
Thanks to Chuppy and The Golden Girl Sisters for donating a few new prizes to the contest! We've added it to the prize list above! Rock on!cheer
[notify]
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 9:00pm PST 
BUMPnaughty

Make sure you enter! And please ask any questions you may have!way to go
[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 11:21am PST 
I'm so glad it includes Rainbow bridge pups! Sometimes I think they get forgotten which isn't a good thing! We love this contest!!!cheer
[notify]
♥- Sassy NPC- ♥

Save a Life &- Rescue

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 2:19pm PST 
Mr BoJangles we never forget our Angels. My background is all angels. Still being worked on because mommy can't do it.
Not only is there a special catagory for Angels but they can enter in other catagories as well. Just tag one picture per pup way to go There are some great gifts for each winner. Even large donations to your favorite shelter which is always a plus! happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance
[notify]
Gibbon

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 8:04pm PST 
We totally dig the addition of Rainbow Angels - it's so important to include those that we miss and love every day, Mr. Bojangles! We hope you are entering in the contest too!

Sassy! We cannot wait to see the page when it's done. It will be so beautiful.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10