GO!

all black beagle?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dodger

I like to smile.

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 9:20pm PST 
this man at work today who has a normal looking beagle also has a small black dog who i thought was a lab puppy. he told me, "the sign said beagle puppies" and i was super shocked. i have NEVER heard of a all black beagle... does this really happen or was he lied to about his dog?
[notify]
Bilbo NAP- NJP CGC

All the virtue- of men without- his vices

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:01am PST 
I highly doubt Beagles can be all black. Most hounds, in fact, come in at least two different colors, but even most beagles I see are brown, white, and black.
[notify]
Isabella- "Bella"

I love you. And- you. And you.- And you.

Barked: Sat Sep 17, '11 7:32pm PST 
It is likely that if it was quite a young beagle, it hadnt developed the brown yet. Beagle puppies are black and white (tris are, at least) when born, and some fur lightens as they age. It is possible that it was a beagle mix, which would technically justify the title of Beagle puppies. if it was a mix, its not a lie, but its not the truth either.
[notify]

Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 7:29am PST 
I agree with the above poster. Ev en though im not tri color
[notify]