GO!

Waggin Trains Chicken Tenders @ Costco

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Geisha

Minion of- Destruction!!

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '09 11:41am PST 
Costco is selling this product. I wasn't aware it was made in China until I examined the bag very closely as it is printed in eeny, teeny lettering in French no less. According to www.dogaware.com this product is under suspicion by the FDA.
In September, 2007, the AVMA issued a warning about chicken jerky strips from China possibly causing kidney failure in dogs. This warning was repeated in December, 2008. I have not been able to find any updated information since then, but I've personally heard from five people from May to September 2008 whose young, seemingly healthy dogs suddenly developed kidney disease while being given chicken jerky strips. It could be a coincidence, but please avoid feeding chicken jerky strips from China to dogs until we know conclusively that they are safe, and report any possible adverse effects to the FDA. Note that these products often appear to be made in the US, but if you search carefully, you'll find "Made in China" in tiny print somewhere on the bag. See my Recall page for more information.

http://www.dogaware.com/recall.html

I've recently discovered the copy & paste feature on my computer. laugh out loud
[notify]
Roswell,- CGC, NPC

Fly free, Beau.- Cancer sucks :(

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '09 12:27pm PST 
I used to love these things until all that stuff about pet products from China. confused We haven't had them in a long time. It's really too bad because it was a treat that I really liked. Better to be safe than sorry though....
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '09 12:31pm PST 
Rosie (I think it was her) got Fanconi Syndrome from eating Waggin Trains and/or Dogswell chicken jerky.

Scary.eek
[notify]

Nikki

FOOD FOOD FOOD

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '09 12:52pm PST 
please join me in letting Costco know that their customers want dog treats made in the U.S with U.S ingredients.

dropping them an email or a suggestion in their suggestion box at each store might do the trick.

I've never seen any dog chew that they offer, that was made in the U.S! and I look weekly hoping that they will catch on. so I always buy my treats elsewhere.

if we stop buying this crap and demand better products, it's likely that they will carry U.S products.

Edited by author Sun Feb 1, '09 12:56pm PST

[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '09 4:02pm PST 
I used to buy these from Sams weekly until I learned (thanks to Dogster) that it was made in China. I too missed the tiny made in china print.

We bought a dehydrator about 7 months ago and started making our own chicken and beef jerky for the dogs. And its really good, we eat it too. laugh out loud
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 9:25am PST 
Actually Cotco does carry good treat now. They still sell the waggin tails but last time I was there they were selling peanut butter "wet noses" brand treats. I was happy to see that, as I'm always seeing people grab the chicken treats and the raw hides. I wish the sold different type of the wet noses though.
[notify]
Domino

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 1:24pm PST 
I sent a suggestion thru their website.
[notify]
Dobby &- Baxter

Mighty- Weiners!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 1:28pm PST 
Not that I like it but I have asked .. they irediate the chicken treats. There was a big sign at my costco.
[notify]
Geisha

Minion of- Destruction!!

Barked: Tue Feb 3, '09 10:51am PST 
Well here's the reply.

Thank you for your recent inquiry through costco.ca.

The product we sell has not been part of any recall, it has passed all
CFIA testing as well as our own private testing performed by an
independent group. We understand your concern, however, in Canada this
product is currently not part of any investigation.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Feb 3, '09 11:02am PST 
Waggin Train and the Costco ones are indeed irradiated - that is not a good thing! HERE IS A LINK EXPLAINING WHAT HAPPENS AND THE LINK BETWEEN IRRADIATION AND CANCER IN ANIMALS

I was one of the lucky ones, I got acquired Fanconi Syndrome but I have, hopefully, now recovered with special treatment. Other poor dogs were not so lucky. A few of them were dogster dogs too.cry

I just say what I say to everyone now - never buy any food that has originated or been made in China. It is too scary.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3