GO!

How to get a pet walrus

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:09am PST 
Last night there was an ad in our local newspaper with pictures of puppies at a pet store confused They had the breeds listed underneath them, and one was clearly labeled a "Walrus." thinking I thought a walrus was a large, semi-aquatic mammal with flippers and tusks, but apparently it is now a pseudo-breed of dog as well. It appears to be a Shar-pei/Basset mix. Here is a picture.

I won't get started on what I think about this store silenced, but will the crazy fake breed names ever end?
[notify]
Fun On The- Run Kennel- Racing

'10 Junior- Iditarod, 6th- place!

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:14am PST 
Hm, Walrus X Dog...interesting thought! Bol, crazy people...somebody will think it's the newest breed of dog and ask for a purebred!
[notify]
Sunny

Just love me!

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:45am PST 
I have heard of the "walrus" dog before. They are cute but another gimmicky dog name that people will fall for and start dumping at the shelters once they get out of that cute puppy stage. frown
[notify]

Oni~Prince of Thieves

Unable to- respond...

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:52am PST 
confused...I guess I need to come up with a way not to completely offend people if they bring their "walrus"( and refer to it as such) to the dog park...I don't know whether or not to go for a shock face or a silenced face...I guess the latter will do.

Is it just me, or do most of the puppies on that site look...unhappy. I'm used to seeing young puppies looking like their about to explode with energy, or have a look of well...general puppy happiness (for lack of a better description). Seriously, that "walrus" pup looks absolutely miserable.

Edited by author Fri Jan 30, '09 11:55am PST

[notify]
Drake

What dont kill- you only makes- you strong

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:53am PST 
hmm so what would that make drake lol hes doxie pitbull. Our pound currently has a basset pitbull cutest thing. That walrus is cute but don't look to happy. Just another aww how cute as a pup then it starts getting bigger and it takes a trip to the pound. Wondering if these people take into consideration that some sharpies can be aggressive. I love the breed but there millions of mixes and purebreds in rescue
[notify]
Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 12:15pm PST 
Oni, I think the puppies are under a lot of stress - they keep them in wooden (human) baby cribs all day long, and let every single person who walks in the store handle them. It seems like a lot to deal with, especially for a puppy.

One of the worst things, though, is that in the ad they said the purchase price included the spay/neuter surgery, but that having your puppy spayed or neutered was optional. shock ETA: And, they emphasize that ANYONE can buy ANY puppy there, so long as they have a checking account and $180 for a down payment.

Drake, you are so cute! Let's see, you have stripes - maybe you are a tiger or a zebra? laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Jan 30, '09 12:20pm PST

[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 1:28pm PST 
1399! wow....but yikes. I'll go to our kill shelter thank you.

our local store has Happy Happy Hippo
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 1:31pm PST 
Lordie, did you see the list of breeds available from them? Can you say BROKER!!!??

Have no idea what a walrus dog would be. Wasn't listed on their breed list.

Ok just looked it up. sharpei/basset mix.

what a sick group of people. And waaaaay too much pink there. shock
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 2:29pm PST 
Seems like a lot of money for a puppy mill dog , I guess some nutcase will think its cool and pay the price , I sure dont see the "supply & demand " theory working in this case ,,its just a bad mix of 2 breeds ...geez !!! ..shrug
Hugs & Farts
Thor ..wave

PS If anybody stumbles upon a Ad for a " Baby Godzilla" with a picture of it destroying a city , please let me know , I might be interested ....laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 3:07pm PST 
That website is terrible. naughty Someone should stand outside of that store and have a few pictures of the faces of dogs in there local animal shelters. They are saying just pick any breed and they will get or make it for you. It does make you mad..at least me mad. I don't think those "designer" breed names will ever go away I think it is just a sick trend..But in my book if a dog isn't a purebred (being mom and dad the same breed) and his mom and dad are different breeds, then he is a MUTT, some just get fancy names. shrug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3