GO!

Winter Wear

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Stormy

Brown Eyed Girl

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 9:11pm PST 
Those of you who have winter coats for your Ridgeback, what do you find is the BEST or warmest coat for your dog??
Stormy has had the horse blanket coat style, with the open underside, but I didnt feel it was keeping her warm enough, especially in the deep snow her chest would scrape the snow level and get wet/cold.
Her latest coat has a chestplate but its still very thin and doesnt conform onto her body very well.

Im still searching for the *perfect* coat, and the more I search, the more Im convinced Im gonna have to make it myself!!!! I want something really warm, it regularly gets into the 20's and lower here. Something that will minimize the amount of snow that will contact her body..
I dont know....

What do you guys use????
[notify]
Kala'

Beautiful girl!

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 1:45pm PST 
We use a great Fleece Sweater-style coat for Kala'. The front legs go in first like a T shirt, then is closes with velcro up the back all the way to the neck. (it's high necked like a turtleneck kinda) It fights snugly because it has some stretch to it, then when it gets around freezing we use a horse blanket type jacket over it. I'll see what brand it is when I get home and let you know. puppy
[notify]
Austin

GET THE BUNNY!

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '09 1:26pm PST 
http://www.chillydogs.ca/productGreatWhiteNorthAllBreed.html
[notify]