GO!

Overfeeding Your Dog

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Lechon

I Cuddle with- you for Chicken!

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 6:24pm PST 
During this holiday season we tend to overfeed our dogs, because they are such a good salesman with those begging eyes, please try to not overfeed your dogs. Here's a public service announcement that just do that very well, please pass it along. Cheers and Happy Holidays:

http://www.dogwork.com/eatingdog
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 7:09pm PST 
We will see several dogs with pancreatitis after the all the holiday jubilation is said and done. One in particular didn't make it after all the turkey and gravy on Thanksgiving. We keep it limited to strictly kibble and the usual cookies here.

Of course, Zeus will be getting his annual Birthday ribeye! wink
[notify]
Lechon

I Cuddle with- you for Chicken!

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 7:48pm PST 
Happy Birthday Zeus!
[notify]

Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 8:25pm PST 
Happy birthday, Zeus!!! Hope you'll share a little piece with your Griffy Buddy. big grin I promise I only need a little tiny bit. big grin
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 8:38pm PST 
Heck, I'll just sneak you Grace's steak! (That is, as long as you don't tell my Mom! shh)

Thanks, guys! hug
[notify]
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '08 7:00am PST 
Deal!! snoopy You can't tell my mom either. She'd probably snatch it right from under my nose... red face
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '08 10:04pm PST 
Mom says you guys should just come over here... she can't seem to get Dad to understand that feeding us from the table is a bad thing... and Dad slips us steak and other goodies... in fact... dad's eating some chips.. I'm gonna go beg some more... (don't tell mom!) big laughdancingwinklaugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
Fungi, BH

Zoom-Zoom-Zoom- Zoomiiieeesss!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 6:08am PST 
Our dad is the same way. He can't understand why we only beg around him and why mom gets so irritated with him for giving us stuff that he's eating. shrug
Oh! Maybe 'cause he eats lots of yummy junk food. laugh out loud
Mom only gives us healthy stuff. confused
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 8:30pm PST 
I went to a Christmas party at lunchtime today. My plate had a ugly mess on it when I was done - fat edges from the ham, pie crust, etc. Someone wanted to get me a bag so I could take it home for my dogs. I got some looks when I said my dogs don't eat things like this. They eat healthier than I do!

I like their tiny waistlines and glowing good health too much to overfeed them or feed them the wrong foods.
[notify]