GO!

Blue Buffalo

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Elvis- "Adopted!"

Eat and Sleep- Elly

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 9:29am PST 
I am learning about Blue Buffalo and doing a lot of research. I've heard many people reccomend it. Chicken, fish, or lamb is always first ingredient. Read any pet food label and the most important ingredient is the first one. Real meat is always the first ingredient in BLUE, which means there is more meat than any other ingredient in our formulas. These highly digestible protein sources provide essential amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals for muscle development, energy and coat condition. What’s more, all are free of hormones, antibiotics and steroids. Includes fruits and veggies. Fruit and vegetables provide essential phytonutrients, antioxidants and enzymes, plus natural vitamins, minerals and fibers that have been proven to promote health and wellness. They are also considered a highly digestible carbohydrate source. Cold formed bits and antioxidents. A precise blend of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists. These include ingredients that have been shown to help strengthen your dog’s immune system, support his specific life stage requirements and protect him from the negative impact of environmental toxins. LifeSource Bits are cold-formed to help maintain the nutritional potency of their ingredients. Many brands process their foods with heat up to 350º, which means their added vitamins, minerals and antioxidants can lose up to 75% of their potency. NO animal by-products. By-products are the non-rendered, clean parts, other than meat, derived from slaughtered animals. It includes, but is not limited to, lungs, spleen, kidneys, brain, blood and more. Ingredients listed as by-products are commonly lower in cost than fresh meat. NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Preservatives like BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, propylene glycol provide no nutritional value and have been associated with possible toxic side effects. Many pet food brands resort to artificial colors and flavors in an attempt to make food look and taste better. NO soy, wheat, soy proteins (glutens). All are incomplete sources of protein that have been known to cause allergies. Grain proteins do not contain the complete amino acid profiles specific for dogs and cats and are not as easily digestible as meat-based proteins. I found this out from the site. Blue Buffalo is a really good brand and I highly reccomend it.
[notify]
Junebug

It's all mine...- mine, mine,- mine!

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 10:15am PST 
I am eating the Lamb and brown rice and love it!!!! After the first two days my coat was softer and shinier, and my Mommy noticed a significant change in odor of my poopy! applause I am also loving the peanut butter and bacon/egg/cheese treats!
[notify]
Annie, CGC

Cheese!

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 12:34pm PST 
good for you!

Blue was the first good food i fed to my fur-kids smile i've since began a rotation because i can't decide on just one food now that i know what it's all about. We eat Blue wilderness, Wellness CORE and Canidae grain free now as well. smile
[notify]

Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 1:53pm PST 
I'm glad you are taking time to research healthy foods for your pet. Zack eats the Fish and Sweet Potato flavor, and he really likes it.
[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 3:56pm PST 
That was a complete copy and paste from their website..... why are you advertising? shrug
[notify]
Bailey

Proudly- defending the- homefront

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 4:26pm PST 
Took the words out of my mouth, Jasmine. Sorry if that's not the intention, and glad you like it, but it seems like advertising.
[notify]
Elvis- "Adopted!"

Eat and Sleep- Elly

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:21am PST 
Note-This is not advertising. I am just saying that Blue Buffalo is a really good food for dogs. It was a copy and paste, though. I'm a kid, why would I be advertising?
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:30am PST 
Just be sure to provide links to where it is you get the information from and not pass it off as your own.
[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:58am PST 
Why not just say something like hey blue buffalo works really good for my dog because....... instead of copy and pasting from their website (which is copyright infringement btw).
[notify]
Isabelle

You get the ball- , I'm to hot !

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 8:29am PST 
I started my dogs on it a few months ago and it is one of the few foods that they tear into rather than pick around at it . They love it and are thriving on it .
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2