GO!

One happy ending

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Link

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 5:03pm PST 
Hi everyone. I'm Link. I think I'm 8 weeks old but, I'm so young that I can't really tell time anyway. I've had a really rough first few weeks of life.

After I was born, someone just put my sister, my two brothers, and I on the side of the road. It was so cold, and we were so scared. Someone very nice put us in a box and brought us to a place with a lot of other dogs...and a really nice lady in a uniform who loves dogs!

We met a doctor who gave us shots and medicine...I didn't like that at all! we met some other dogs that we got to play with, and some stayed in our room with us. A day after we met the doctor, I had to say good-bye to my sister. She found a Dad and Mom and a new forever home.

Today, a man and lady came to the place I stayed. They were playing with some of my older friends. My friend "freedom" was really enjoying them. I think they liked him a lot, too. I really wanted to meet them so, my brothers and I started to make a lot of noise. Something worked because we ended up in the warm room with the man, lady, and the nice lady in a uniform.

The man and lady spent a long time with us. they played with us, talked to us, and they talked a lot to each other. I fell asleep for a nap with my brothers and when I woke up, the man and lady were still there. Then...they left! I was pretty sad. I wanted them to stay.

I took another nap...this time with the lady in uniform. I woke up again, and I was scared. It was cold and I was outside. The next thing I know, I was toasty warm in a car with the man and lady from earlier. Now I know why they left. They had to get some papers done so they could adopt me.

Now I have a new Dad and Mom. I heard my new Mom tell someone I wasn't exactly what they went out for but, she was really glad they took me home. So am I. I also have a nice warm bed that I am going to sleep in. I've had such a long day.
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:12pm PST 
Enjoy your new family hughughug
[notify]
Sparky

Hurricane Ike- Pound Puppy

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:34pm PST 
That's such a happy ending!!!! Good luck with your new family you little cutie!!
The same thing happened to me and I am your age right now.

Anyway, lots of love sending your way!!hughappy dancehugwishes

Edited by author Wed Nov 12, '08 6:34pm PST

[notify]

Thea

Can I have your- SOUP???

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:51pm PST 
Link, you are sooooo cute! I guess that's thing about going to shelters. You never know what you will come out with...I suppose it is part of the adventure!

Congrats on your new home!
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 1:12pm PST 
I love a story with a happy ending, Link! Congrats on your new home, and may you live long and happily with your family.
Be sure to take good care of them. They need you for that. big grin
[notify]
Link

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 11:05pm PST 
Even better news..my Brothers are all in forever homes! This means my Sister, me and my Brothers have all found people. We're pretty cute puppies and all pretty good too. I miss my friend "Freedom".

Mom loves him, too. Dad really liked him. I'm hoping someone will take him home, he's a really cool guy.
[notify]
Lucy-Lou

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 8:04pm PST 
Congrats on your new forever home! I'm so happy for you!
Puppy Yips,
LucyLou
[notify]