GO!

My 10 week old puppy has a cold and has a twitch??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Shawnee

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '08 11:53am PST 
My 10 week old puppy is sick... runny eyes and nose, coughing, sneezing, lazy, twitching that seems to be increaseing... those symptons aside... She is eating, drinking, her stool is normal and so is her wee... she has no fever and no vomiting. I have taken her to the vet twice in the last week because you can never be too safe (great vet who is calling to get other opinions), I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like her symptoms. Also... I read the info that came in the box of Clavamox and all it said for reactions was allergies.

She is not vommiting.. thank goodness. everything is normal except the runny eyes and nose with a cough... then of course the twitching. Normal stool and widdles, she's eating and drinking... she is a little lazy but she does still get up and play. Vet has seen her twice this since the 9th of Oct and I got her on the 8th. Also have spoken to the vet several times... Vet says as long as she is eating, drinking and no vomit or diahrea... just take care of her like a sick baby.
[notify]
Shawnee

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 7:18pm PST 
found out yesterday our baby has distemper frown

on antibiotics and a anti seizure med. Good thing is she is still eating and drinking, but the ups and downs are scary.

Will look in the health forum for more info. Hoping and praying our baby is one of the lucky 20% that survive this. Our hearts are breaking for our baby...
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 7:44pm PST 
Sending lots of love & kisses to your baby! Most reputable breeders have a health guarentee, I don't know if they'd reimburse you for vet bills.
[notify]

Shawnee

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 3:06pm PST 
Shawnee lost her battle with Distemper on Monday. This was such a tragedy, our poor baby should have never suffered as she did. She was so strong for how young she was.

We are completley devasted, but sooo grateful that she was in our lives for the short time it was. Something are just too beatiful for this world, and god calls them back.

Miss you Shawnee ;.*

Edited by author Tue Oct 21, '08 3:06pm PST

[notify]
Jaden

Its all about- ME!

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '08 1:15pm PST 
I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful baby you had and I am sure your lives are enriched because of her. My mom used to be a surgical tech for both large and small animals and I can certainly understand your pain. She held so many helpless puppies through distemper and parvo that did not make it through. My thoughts and prayers are for you all.... big snuggle from me!
[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '08 11:00pm PST 
Aww, we are so terribly sorry to hearcry Shawnee was a strong fighter, and I'm sure she was a geat dog. She would've appreciated you opening your arms to her, and taking her in, and helping her get through her battlehughug
Big hugs and warm thoughts to you allhughughug
[notify]