GO!

Hurricane Ike Dogs - Over 100 to Euthanized Sat AM!

This is the place to talk about anything and everything dog related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their dogs out gather here to share info on local dog-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other dog owners in your area! Check out Dogster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

Coco

Support your- local Rescue- Organizations!

Barked: Thu Sep 18, '08 6:34pm PST 
Just received this disturbing email from my sister in Houston. I have attached it below. There's not much time! Please forward to anyone who can help!! Contact: Maile Schuyler, Montgomery County Animal Shelter volunteer: 281-465-0570 or 832-326-2468 cell. Read email below:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MCASTreasures/MCASSecondChance Dogs#

These are a few of the dogs who will be euthanized first thing Saturday morning if not rescued or fostered. They need to be rescued by Friday night. Staff and volunteers have been working very hard to help the dogs affected by Hurricane Ike. For all of our efforts there will still be over a hundred dogs euthanized on Saturday morning if the power is restored before then. If you can, please help these dogs. They deserve a second chance. Montgomery County Animal Shelter has been helping other shelters in the Houston areas who incurred worse damage, but we still need help. We will not be able to help these dogs without your help. Please consider rescuing some of these dogs. Medication, etc. can be provided by a MCAS vet if needed. Just let us know what you need. The power has not yet been restored to the shelter, but when it returns these dogs will not be able to stay.

We are not sure when the power will be restored. Staff have been working at the shelter overtime in order to take care of the animals. Staff are there in the mornings from 9-12 A.M. We are not taking in any animals until the power comes back on. You can come by the shelter located at 8535 State Hwy 242 in Conroe, Texas 77385 (phone number for MCAS is 936-442-7738) during that time or meet up with one of the volunteers in the afternoon. Please call me if you can help 281-465-0570 or 832-326-2468 cell. Thank you!!!! Maile Schuyler, MCAS volunteer
We can figure out transportation if you are not in the immediate area.
[notify]
spotnic

I COME FROM A- LAND DOWNUNDER

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 3:00am PST 
has any one come foreward to help these dogs please let me knowshock Worried sick for them poor darlings
[notify]
Coco

Support your- local Rescue- Organizations!

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 7:32am PST 
Update! I received a message late last night from the Maile, volunteer at Montgomery County Animal Shelter.

Thank you for being willing to help them. They ALL were rescued today because of people forwarding the emails, word of mouth, and the news! It was unbelievable, but all of the dogs were saved today. smile Maile

Thank you everyone!! There also other shelters in need of help:
Houston & Galveston SPCA!!
[notify]

Daisy- Allison

Pretty girl

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 7:35am PST 
Oh Thank heaven !
So so happy that the darlings are safe! Thank you for saving them.
[notify]
Daisy (In- Loving- Memory)

Sniff- the good- Sniff

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 8:28am PST 
hughughuggreat to have them safe ..
[notify]
Zeke

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 10:57am PST 
oh poor dogs that would not be fun. I feel so barking sad for themcry
[notify]
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster