GO!

anyone know what type of puppy ruby is?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Ruby

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '08 7:46pm PST 
we have no idea what type of breed ruby is. when i adopted her the shelter told me mastiff/boxer mix. ruby is 8 months old and weighs 55lbs. i was also told lab/shepard. rhodesian ridgeback etc. HELP
[notify]
Luna

scratch my- booty...come on- just a lil!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '08 8:39pm PST 
Ruby is GORGEOUS!!! I think she looks like some kind of hound mix, but I don't know what kind. Maybe others will have better advice but I had to tell you how pretty and adorable I think she isbig grin
[notify]
Firefly

Lighting up my- mom's heart....

Barked: Sat Aug 30, '08 6:30am PST 
She kinda looks like a Redbone Coonhound x Chow mix. I guess I am weird that way big grin I do see Ridgeback, but in her jowls I see Chow.

I def. don't see any lab or shepherd. Personally view I guess.
[notify]

Sukeena RIP- Beautiful- Baby

Razzzz A Roo- Girl!

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 6:32am PST 
How about Puggle (pug x beagle) and chow mix?
[notify]
Ruby

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 10:54am PST 
Don't chows have to have a purple/black tongue?
[notify]
Cairo

Truly brillant.

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 6:12pm PST 
Sometimes that gene doesn't get past in chow mixes. We had a Chow/Shepherd at one point who had a pink mouth. Some have pink and black spots.

But I see Ridgeback for sure.
[notify]
Doogal

Doogie Schnauzer- MD.

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 6:19pm PST 
Ruby is sooo cute! I have no idea what type of mix she is though. Doogal has black on the tip of his tongue and it is completely black towards the back but I don't see any chow in him. I think other types of dogs can have black tongues as well. So it makes sense a chow mix may not carry the gene.
[notify]
Jzhuno

The little thing- in life...

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 9:01pm PST 
Oh wow, you have a stunning dog.

Well, her face is definitely Chow Chow... Her color is more Rhodesian Ridgeback or Redbone Coonhound... and maybe, Shepherd? Either way, you have a gorgeous girl. Love her, enjoy her,
-Jzhuno
[notify]
Ruby

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 7:30am PST 
Thanks all for the help and compliments! I don't care that much what she is cuz I would love her no matter what. Just curious as to explain some mannerisms too. Like she is extrememly active with her front paws, almost cat like. I think that could be the boxer?
[notify]
Dougal- Jerome

Cute as a Button

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 2:45pm PST 
I have no idea, but you sure are cute!

As for the paw thing, Dougal does that too but he definitely doesn't have any boxer in him blue dog - he just likes to use his paws to express himself! He also pounces like a cat and holds things in his paws snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5