GO!

It's been a week...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Copper (we- miss you)

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 1:00pm PST 
since we lost Copper and it hurts SO BAD! cry
I never understood the pain that people felt over the loss of a pet but since we lost Copper all that I do is cry.
I miss him so much...
We have a three month old puppy and so I have to get up and take him potty and play with him but much of the time it feels like I'm just going through the motions.
I don't feel the joy that I used to feel. frown
Does it ever get any easier or hurt less??
[notify]
Max (1990 - 2004)

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 1:41pm PST 
The sharp pain you are feeling will start to "round off" after some time, and then eventually you will be able to think about Copper with smiles and wonderful memories. We lost our Max in 2004 and our Impy in 2005 and we still miss them terribly, but we do laugh and smile when we remember the wonderful antics and sweet memories of them.
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 2:35pm PST 
Hang in there and just give it some time. The first few weeks are the absolute worst...but it will let up. Let yourself enjoy the puppy. hughughughughug
[notify]

quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 2:49pm PST 
We read Coppers page, what a sad story. You must not blame yourself. Copper had a good life and you made the right decision. It is very early days for you yet and the pain will lessen ....give time the time to do its thing.dog
[notify]
Copper (we- miss you)

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 4:51pm PST 
Thanks for the support.
In my heart I know that I made the best choice for him I just keep going over the 'what if's" and second guessing myself.
I was his alpha ...that's the hardest thing for me to get past..
Knowing that he wanted to look to me for help and that I wasn't there to help him.
I'll get through it...it's getting a little easier to get out of bed each morning and I know that someday it won't be so painful to think of him. It's just reaching that point that is difficult.
[notify]
Henry in- loving- memory- 7/20/08

my mommy says- I'm a good boy

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 5:15pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss--and Poor Copper--I feel so bad for animals that are hit. On the 4th of July I saw a dog that had been hit, and a couple had stopped to help & I blessed them for stopping. I still wonder if he made it.

Edited by author Sun Aug 10, '08 5:15pm PST

[notify]
Charley "R.I.P My Boy"

I'm a Lover, not- a fighter

Barked: Mon Aug 11, '08 8:55am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Charley last tuesday 8/5 after 12 1/2 years. I know it's not easy, but you need to focus on the puppy. I too have another dog, beagle, and right now she needs all my love and attention because she is suffering big time without Charley. They were inseperatable. It's only been a week but i am now looking for another puppy for a companion for Little Girl. I read Cooper's page, and i believe you did the right thing by him. You can't blame yourself for his accident. It was not your fault so don't torture yourself . Think of the good times with Cooper and just feel at peace that he's at peace now. In time the pain in your heart will go away and you'll be able to remember him with a smile, as he would want you too.hughughug
[notify]