GO!

Why does my Sibe toss her water around

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Akasha

I'm not- whinning, I'm- trying to tell- you

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 5:43pm PST 
Akasha will put her paw in her water dish and pull it and generallly toss her water dish around. She does this all the time, even after I take her out on a power walk to tire her out and she's really thirsty. any ideas why or what to do to prevent this?
[notify]
Kristari's September Calypso

Calypso has- landed!

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 6:08pm PST 
You could always nail the water dish down! LOL

Seriously, that sounds like Calypso! She did the same thing. Just having fun splashing that water all over the place. My advice would be to get a sturdy and heavy bowl that she can't pick up or throw.

What kind of bowl do you have now?
[notify]
Akasha

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 7:18pm PST 
Just plastic a plastic water dish
[notify]

Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 12:12am PST 
Because its fun, thats why! smile
Kristari's September Calypso

Calypso has- landed!

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 4:10am PST 
LOL, Kiona! Best answer anyone could have come up with.

Akasha, you probably would do well to get a heavier dish. Maybe a ceramic one (just as long as it is not tippy). There's really not much you can do to keep Akasha from going for a "swim" in the bowl (a towel is essential but then...towels are essential anyway) but it is possible to get a bowl she can't throw around!

Edited by author Wed Jul 23, '08 4:12am PST

[notify]
Nika

It's ALL About- The Nika!

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 6:52am PST 
I am with Kionasmile
[notify]
Angel Hailey- (10/3/98~1/1- 4/11)

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 2:02pm PST 
Get your Sibe a bigger dish...like maybe a Kiddie pool...things are about to get cuter!
[notify]
Akasha

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 8:38am PST 
got the baby ppl she likes it she also goes for swims with me the big pool.

Tom
[notify]
Jesse

Jesse - Trouble with a- capital J

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 5:10pm PST 
Jesse has a huge water dish in her run, about 20 Gallons. She often gets her front right into it and splashes water all over her belly. huskies generally love to play in water and I guess love the cooling of it when they splash around. If you have water bowl inside I guess it should be in Bathroom or similar where splashed water won't matter too much. you could also get a larger one like a kiddy pool for outside use.
[notify]
Maya

I'm always a- good girl!

Barked: Fri Aug 1, '08 6:24pm PST 
I had the same exact problem with Maya. I would fill up her 3 gal. water dish and in a few minutes the water was all gone. It was so frustuating specially when she would splash it all over the kitchen. The only thing that might work is getting those doggie dishes that are elevated. They are pricier but Maya no longer splashes water everywhere . big grin
[notify]