GO!

Playing in water

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rudy

Born to play!

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '08 4:56pm PST 
Are there other mini schnauzers out there that could play in the water coming out of a garden hose for HOURS? I go out to water my garden, and Rudy bites at the water, runs thru the water and gets upset when I turn off the hose. He just barks and has the best time playing in the water, but he won't get into a baby pool that I put for him to play in last summer. I am just curious if any others out there experience the same behavior w/thier schnauzers!
[notify]
Maxx

sugar and- pepper!

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '08 2:59pm PST 
I don't like getting wet! Although I don't mind getting my paws muddy. Go figure.little angel
[notify]
Maxemilian

It's a Schnauzer- thing....

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 1:17pm PST 
Hello Ruby,
I love to swim a lot, even if it is the fishpond. My mom gave be trouble for doing it but I got a baby pool for my self out of it. dancingdancing
[notify]

Scooby

nino

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 3:12pm PST 
I dont like getting wet, but I don't mind taking a bath when mami says.eek
[notify]
Gertie

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 4:53pm PST 
I have to say, unless Mom is in the pool, forget it. When she is she lets me float around with her on her raft and I like to jump off and swim to Mom. I do love the hose, spray bottles, water bottles, you name it as long as it has water I love it. P.S. I didnt like that kiddy pool either!)
[notify]
Millo

pawprints on- pillows

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '08 2:49am PST 
OMG! Yes! Millo thinks it is a game and no matter what he is doing, he will run over to watch me take the hose out and he attacks it and hangs on to it and make my chore that much more difficult but hillarious. When I squat to water close to the grass he thinks that is an invitation to bite and drink from the hose. He then sounds like he is drowning and coughing and dives into the grass to dry his muzzle and starts all over. He also knows the order of all the sprinklers and will wait for each to pop up and attacks them. Basically he end up all wet, yet go figure, I had to coax him into taking his first bath!!! His favorite part is when I wind the hose back in the box, he chases it and trys to stop me. He doesn't bark though!!
[notify]
Pepper

gotta love me!

Barked: Mon Sep 8, '08 11:59am PST 
I love the bathtub and must get in whenever someones get out (I also love getting in the tub with my human brother). I dont like the pool as much since my paws cannot touch the bottom. If I come to your house to visit you just might find me in your tub!laugh out loud
[notify]
~*Bubble*~

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 7:19am PST 
uhm...bubble did almost the same things too...bubble likes to watch the water flow, and when the water flow,bubble do try to bite too...blue dog i guess that schnauzer might actually likes to play woth water...and probably all the furkid like to play with water too...
[notify]
Cody

I love to learn- new tricks :)

Barked: Fri Sep 12, '08 10:56am PST 
I love playing in the sprinklers and the rain! snoopy It is so much fun. I am not really crazy about bathtime, at first. But once we get started it's ok.

Hugs!!
[notify]