GO!

How many of you all...

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 4:20pm PST 
... found YOURSELF eating healthier/making better choices after beginning to feed your dog raw?

Or are you still a lover of fast food?

Or were you a "smart eater" before feeding raw?

Just curious. big grin
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 4:22pm PST 
I've never really been a healthy eater. My dogs eat better than I do ... much better! I still need my "grease fix" every once in a while, still addicted to carbs, still too lazy to prepare healthy meals for myself and opt for the quick and easy route.

laugh out loud
[notify]
Patches

Shake it like a- Polaroid- picture!

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 4:34pm PST 
I'm with Gio.
I'm a lazy (_!_) in the kitchen. With raw it isn't that hard. Just portion out meals, freeze, defrost, and feed outside. A lot less work than preping, measuring, cooking, and cleaning after a human meal.
[notify]

Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 4:45pm PST 
We eat semi-healthy over here. Some nights are healthy and some nights are whatever I can make the fastest! Being a college student and working makes it difficult to live a healthy lifestyle.

I did become more health conscious after I started feeding raw though!
[notify]
Ra

Anything that- squeaks must- DIE!

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 4:46pm PST 
I did!
I found myself not only purchasing fresh meats for the dog but also for myself. I cook at home more often since I switched him, but still get the ocassional 'bite to eat' at Subway or Baja Fresh, and I still love Jamba Juice.
[notify]
Andrei

Did some one say- OUTSIDE! lets- go!

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 6:19pm PST 
I would like to say that I noticed my bad diet and then the pups. So I started to eat better. Then that got me to thinking about there bland kibble diets.
Some days I think they eat way better the mebig grin, Oh well.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 6:55pm PST 
I have started eating better lately. Almost 2 years after starting Risa on raw. wink It is so much easier for her to eat healthy than me. I usually don't have time to cook at night and I HATE cooking. It might be easier if I were cooking for more than just me. I'm trying my best to eat more veggies and fruits, drink less soda, eat healthier cereals, etc. I'm doing fairly good though I could be making more healthy dinners. And there's no excuse at the moment for time since I've been unemployed for 3 weeks now.
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 7:27pm PST 
I'm kinda with Gio and Risa. I am more aware of my poor diet since feeding Tikka raw...and feel much more guilty! I am doing better. I will steal some of her liver and eat it (cooked) and at the fast food places I often feel that moment of decision--salad or french fries? I now choose salad about 40%...umm...35% of the time. big grin
[notify]
Arfie, In- Loving- Memory

Schnoodle

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 7:51pm PST 
It has just made me surprised at how bad I eat. I really live on frozen dinners, and I never thought I was so bad because I got the Lean Cuisine, weight watchers, south beach diet, and smart diet ones.

But now that I learned about how KIBBLE is bad because of all the added junk.........wow my frozen dinners have ALOT of added junk.

And now that I am learning how to cut up a whole chicken for the first time in my life...i do want to eat healthier. but to be honest..all my money is going to the dogs! I can't afford fresh meat for me too hahaha.

But i definately want to eat healthier, less processed foods.
[notify]
Larka

Mommy's little- Helper. (corral- me!)

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '08 5:40am PST 
My "smart eating" before raw is what helped inspire me to look more closely at what my dogs were eating!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3