GO!

Border Collie or not?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Molly

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '08 4:52pm PST 
Thinking of getting a Border Collie as a new member of family. We enjoy the outdoors and agility, but sometimes we just hang out. Do Border Collies enjoy relaxing too, or do they constantly have to be busy to be happy?
[notify]
Marvin, CGC,- FGDCH40K,- TFP

Where's my- ball????

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 7:07pm PST 
My guys as long as they get to run outside for a couple hours everyday are couch potatoes at home. It's all about good training, good mental stimulation (like flyball, agility), and adequate exercise.
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '08 10:37pm PST 
Thank you for your response, I hadn't checked in for a while. I'm glad to hear about your experience with Border Collies.
[notify]

Gypsi Rose

She's a funny- lovable- tazmanian devil

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '08 2:11pm PST 
I think a border collie would be good for you and they like to go out and have fun and they like to relaxe me and my 7 month old Border Collie just took a long nap and she's full of energy!!!! and beleave me my granpa had a 100 border collies NOT counting pups he's a raiser they are just right for you
[notify]
Misty

Misty "Moo Cow"

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '08 7:37pm PST 
I did a lot of research on BC's before getting one and thought I would have to be going 24-7, but that's not the case. As long as you give them a couple of hours a day of something....throwing ball, frisbee, walk, etc. their good to go. We take Misty on the boat and of course, while on the boat you're not running so ... she will lay down and wait until we can pull over and throw a stick or frisbee in the water for her to go get, or take her to pee, and run around. So, yes, they can be couch potatoes, but they do need exercise, as long as you're aware of that, I would say a BC is a wonderful choice. We don't regret Misty at all and in fact, couldn't imagine even having another type of dog...EVER! Good Luck!
[notify]