GO!

The Greatest American Dog

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Shinji

Go Buckeyes!

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 8:56am PST 
Has anyone else seen the preview for this on CBS? I guess the basic premise is that the dogs and their owners are all going to live together in a house, and each week they will compete against each other in challenges. Some of the dogs have been professionally trained while others have been home trained. The winning dog and their human get the grand prize of $250,000.

I will probably watch the first episode or two to see how the show is, but something about is kind of bothering me already. I'm picturing it as being a mixture of American Idol/Big Brother/America's Next Top Model. I'm not sure I like the idea of all the contestants living together because it seems like CBS is hoping for drama to get ratings. Humans are one thing, but I don't think innocent dogs should be put into that situation. What if some of the dogs don't get along? I really hope that CBS didn't cast any difficult or aggressive dogs just to cause drama in the house. Hopefully I'm wrong and that won't be the case.

Will anyone else be watching this show? thinking
[notify]
Yukiko

Woo Woo!

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 1:23pm PST 
I saw a commercial for it. I'll probably check it out. Do you know when it starts?
[notify]
Fenway, CGC

Who loves ya- baby?

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 1:44pm PST 
Pardon me...when reading the title, I was expecting to see a picture of myself. big laughbig laughbig laugh

CBS is coming out with a show as well, called The Greatest American Dog (or something like that).

I'm still waiting for them to call me. big laughbig laughbig laugh

In all seriousness, my Mom & I can't wait to see what these new "dog" shows are all about. big grin
[notify]

Shinji

Go Buckeyes!

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 9:29pm PST 
Yukiko, I believe it starts sometime in July.
[notify]
MT TOP's- Secret- Agent,- C.G.C.

R.I.P. Kahaus

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 10:17pm PST 
Yeah, I would be especially concerned with them casting, say, "tough" or "dangerous" breeds among family favorites to get some drama for ratings... on the other hand, if they actually have knowledgeable owners on there and don't edit things out super-selectively, it could also give a chance for an owner to say something positive about the breed.

God bless,
Lissa

Edited by author Tue May 27, '08 10:18pm PST

[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Wed May 28, '08 1:00am PST 
Seeing as I live in england I won't get this but I just youtubed it and my god some people scare me sometimes with their dogs. It comes out Jully 10th.
[notify]
Duke -Rest- In Peace-

My mommy and- daddy miss me :(

Barked: Thu May 29, '08 1:05am PST 
I youtubed it as well and it doesn't seem like it'll be too bad. I might tune in.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 5:44pm PST 
Hello everyfur!

Greatest American Dog Premieres Thursday, July 10, 8pm et/pt on CBS!

We've created a pawesome fan club to celebrate the Greatest American Dog! Please join the Group and come in and introduce yourselves in the Group Sniff-Get Acquainted Thread. There are also Threads to discuss the show and contestants, and for members of Dogster and Catster to share their own special talents, skills, and tricks! The Group is at :http://www.dogster.com/group/Greatest_american_dog_fan_club-13844

There are links to all of the contestant's Pet Pages in the Group and they're very excited about participating in the Dogster Community. Please welcome them to Dogster and invite them to be Pup Pals!

Wiggles, woofs, and wags,

HQ
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 7:49pm PST 
Personally I think the casting should have been done exclusively through Dogster thinking
And open to Canadians
'Cause well, paws down you know I'd make it on the show along with a ton of other pawesome Dogster's. wink

But I guess unless it came to a situation of training techniques, there wouldn't be enough Drama for CBS
shrug
[notify]
MC

Daddy's Girl

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 9:25pm PST 
We've got the timer set here. dancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]