GO!

How do you pups tell your pawrents when you need to go out?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Tank

Mars is covered- in BBQs!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:38pm PST 
I sit at the door and bark. dog

Lobo goes to the door, looks out, and then comes by where they're sitting and stares. laugh out loud (She's still in the potty training process.)
[notify]
Kane

I'll do anything- for a Kong

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:48pm PST 
I trained my 2 apbt's to ring the bell. You should hear the racket when they see a squirrel! snoopy
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:48pm PST 
If Mom is up and around the house I will run to the door and scratch at it. If she's in bed and sleeping in late, I will breathe in her face til she wakes up! shockhappy dance
[notify]

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:53pm PST 
I stare at them. If that doesn't work, I whine. If I REALLY gotta go, I'll start barking and if they still don't get the hint I will run back and forth from them to the back door!
[notify]
Dougal- Jerome

Cute as a Button

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:03pm PST 
I stare at them too! Or I run between them and the back door until they let me out.
[notify]
Chipper

That's MR.- Momma's Boy to- you!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:03pm PST 
I will hold it until the cows come home. There is no reason for me to tell them that I have to go, they'll take me out eventually. I like to make them guess. Mom says that I am a camel when it comes to holding my pee. When I have to go #2, I still won't tell them, but I get a little antsy. Oh, and something behind me toots a lot when I have to go real bad. When I hear the toots, I jump up and look behind me to see what the noise was, but nothing is there! shock laugh out loud

Edited by author Sun May 4, '08 5:04pm PST

[notify]
Dutchess

They call- me....'Granny- Grump'!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:09pm PST 
I will sit and stare at them. Then when they ask " do you need to potty?" I will make a dash to the door. If they are in bed, I will go in there and nudge Dad with my nose and then he knows that I have to go.blue dog
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:12pm PST 
We are bell ringers in this houseblue dog
[notify]
Sailor

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:17pm PST 
Bell ringers? What does that mean? Do you have a little bell that they ring when it's time?
[notify]
Rudy

Rudy sin- barreras

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:19pm PST 
Chipper - you sound like Rudy! He never so much as looks at me unless he's going to have the squirts, then he paces by the door. He used to get really clingy and shove his head into my hands when he had to go but he's stopped so I just fashioned a schedule of my own to follow.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8