GO!

cottage cheese - good or bad?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jones

I'm as sweet as- can be!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 2:06pm PST 
I've read a lot of posts where people add some cottage cheese to their dogs kibble/meal....is this a good thing a bad thing or just something to do to get them to eat? are there pros and cons to this? Any particular kind of cottage cheese?
[notify]
zack

Master Zack

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 3:05pm PST 
Zack says "I love cottage cheese"! But then again he's partial to about anything you can fit on a spoonhappy dance I wish Zack and I were the dogsperts you were looking for but we also have no idea if it's good for dogs. Curious to find out though...
[notify]
cANaDiAn- bOYs RIP- Boys

Canadian EH!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 3:33pm PST 
We actually just started having cottage cheeseblue dog we love it, but our vet said to give in moderation...as we are also just changing our food to a liver diet.wave
[notify]

Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:40pm PST 
Cottage cheese is a good snack in moderation. Too much cottage cheese can cause diareah, which is no fun! I prefer to stay with the low-fat/non-fat cottage cheese. smile
[notify]
Jones

I'm as sweet as- can be!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:45pm PST 
yeah i've got the no fat cottage cheese i bought for myself and i've been giving him a spoonful in his dinner at night with some pieces of roasted chicken and he seems to eat all of it up so it SOUNDS like a good strategy I wanted to make sure it was safe....so far his poop is SOFT but not diarrhea or anything...also, he's probably still transitioning from his old food as well
[notify]
Zeus

Zeus: Ruler of- Our Universe

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 12:36pm PST 
I've read that cottage cheese is good for their skin and coat. It is supposed to help keep the skin moist and fur shiny. So far my little guys fur seems to be shinier and he doesn't itch so maby it works.
[notify]
Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 2:07pm PST 
We LOVE it!!
[notify]
☀ M1L0

friend to all

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 3:34pm PST 
Sounds good, we will definately try a bit soon
[notify]
Gabe the Dog

It's Gabe. Gabe- the Dog

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 3:42pm PST 
a good treat, I think, keep in mind it is high in salt unless you get the reduced sodium kind!
[notify]
Daisy

Life's a Daisy!

Barked: Sat May 24, '08 6:45am PST 
Cottage cheese has lots of good protein in it. There are some home cooked recipes that use it for the protein in place of meat. Also, it's great for calcium. I have really bad knees, in both legs, and Dr. Ashley told mom to add a tablespoon to one of my meals to help with that. Mom likes doing that instead of keeping me on drugs. And, we LOVE it, too (Oh, and the Princess can't have it because too much protein is bad for her kidneys) So, if you're healthy otherwise, cottage cheese can be good for you - and tasty, too!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2