GO!

Advertisements on Dogster

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Nutmeg

Utter Little- Nutter!

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 7:43am PST 
Hey everyone...I'm feeling a little irked at the moment... a lot of times when I open a pup's page the advertisements get in the way of reading the messages that pups have left there with their gifts. Also, a lot of times when I am posting in the forums, I can't see half of the emoticons because the advertisements are covering them.
I know that other pups have had this problem too...I was just wondering what was being done about it.
[notify]
♦ - ULLR - ♦

Did Someone - Say - Squirrel?????

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 9:17am PST 
Hi Nutmeg! Have you tried the Pawsome Pages group? There are some experts on there that can help you solve problems with your page.

I'm *guessing* the host of your background is what's causing the problem (many myspace/pimp my profile background generators are not that compatible with Dogster as they were not written for Dogster). This could very well be what is causing your problem, but again, it's just a guess.

I had some issues, too, until I got rid of the myspace generator. Now my ads behave the way they should. If only we could choose what products to advertise on our page...thinking

Good luck!
[notify]
Checkers

giv me a shoo- plz

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 6:01pm PST 
Hi. What browser do you use? Firefox (free download at www.mozilla.com/firefox/) has an add-on called ad-block. It's really easy to use. Right-click on any ad, and click on "adblock iframe" or "adblock image". It blocks anything, I think. Here's the site where you can download it. Here.
[notify]

Nutmeg

Utter Little- Nutter!

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '08 1:24am PST 
Thanks pups...I'll be sure to check these suggestions out! big grin
[notify]