GO!

Trouble is sick

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Trouble

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 9:26pm PST 
Trouble is sick. He was diagnosed with a carcinoma tumor on his left elbow and it happened so fast – within a week the vet recommended that we amputate his leg.

As his mom it has been so hard – after the surgery, Trouble has started having “pain attacks” He starts screaming, expressing his anal glands, pooping, and then he attacks ME. No one else, just ME. With everyone else, he redirect bites on a chair, etc. but he actually chased me up onto a sofa and bit me. It may be some weird association thing as I am the one taking him to the vets, changing his bandages, administering his meds….? I am a trainer and even I am saying, "WTF?" My friend Mollie was over and Mollie is an incredibly talented trainer and she saw his very specific aggression towards me – so at least I know I’m not crazy!

I t so sucks being afraid of an animal that you have loved for over eight years.

We took him back to the vets and he will be there, sedated, until Thursday and then we will see what happens.

Thanks for listening (or reading!)

Woofs,

Trouble's Mom
[notify]
♥- Smokey- ♥

I Want A Butt- Rub!

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 9:29pm PST 
Oh Trouble ... I am so sorry. I hope things get better. Please keep us posted.
[notify]
Trouble

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 9:39pm PST 
Thanks so much, Trouble's sickness and post operative aggression is breaking our hearts. I just hope he will go back to the amazing dog he was, pre-surgery. Pleeeaase keep your fingers crossed for us!

Thanks!
[notify]

Cherokee- Forever- Loved Cherry

Our Precious- Angel Cherry

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 10:01pm PST 
hughug Trouble and Mom hughug

Hoping that it is a reaction to the pain meds or something that can be fixed easily. Tons of hugs!! Cancer stinks!! hughughug
[notify]