GO!

She called the law on me! OMD!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 10:49am PST 
I am a teacher in a small town which means I'm pretty well known. Everyone who knows me, knows I refer to Hershey and Harley as my kids and I have no 2-legged children. That being said...this is what happened...

While in Wal Mart over Spring Break, I was in line behind a friend I used to teach with. She asked me how my kids were, etc... At one point, she asked where they were, and I told her at home. She said their daddy must be off today, and I said no, he was at work. She was impressed that I left them home alone (for a long time after we moved, I wouldn't leave them home alone at all because of neighbor issues and they do go to day care when we are both at work). She asked how old they are now, and I told her 4 and 6. So, we had our little cheery, conversation.

Well, I get up to check out and the cashier starts to berate me for leaving a 4 and a 6 year old home alone. I kind of laughed, and my friend turned around before leaving and said something to the effect of if you would mind your own business, you wouldn't get upset about things that you know nothing about. I wasn't getting a lot, so I wasn't there long. Then, as I was leaving, the security guard stopped me to detain me until the cops got there! OMD!!!!! I explained that my kids have 4-leggs, a tail, and bark. They said that was no way to describe my children. I showed the security guard our family portrait that I keep in my wallet...he still didn't get it. Luckily, I know the cop that came up...he's the husband of a teacher I know. But, OMD! She called the law on me for abuse and neglect of my kids....probably the 2 most spoiled, well taken care of kids in town!
[notify]
Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 10:57am PST 
LOL I can't believe that but on one hand maybe it is a good thing. I mean if you did leave little children home alone that is wrong in my book. At the same time I think people in this country have become a little too protective, yet I think she did the right thing. Luckily the cop knew, can you imagine how much longer it would of gone on it he didn't!wink
[notify]
Otis

"More- Walks....Less- Toys"

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 11:09am PST 
Ha! Ha! Ha!
Sorry...but that made me laugh!

At least you didn't say that they were safe becuse you had them in a cagelaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Ha! Ha! Ha!Ha!
[notify]

Augustin

Arrrr... where- be the rum?

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 12:36pm PST 
Or that you left them a nice rubber chew toy, or a bone to keep them busy!
[notify]
bandi-loo

I LOVE MY- MOMMY!!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 12:54pm PST 
I'm sorry you had to go thru that! I do agree that the checkout lady went a little bit overboard. she could have just politely asked you exactly what you were talking about. i refer to my littlest dog as "the baby", so when everyone see's me they also ask where the baby is. i'm glad no one has called the cops on me for telling them"she's been bad today, she's in the pet taxi at home!!shocklaugh out loud
[notify]
Cash TT

I got the best- Fur Coat on the- Block!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 2:01pm PST 
Yeah, Cash is our Little Boy. Everyone asks where Our Little boy is when he's not with us- we like to take him everywhere!

I can't believe she got the rent-a-cop on you though- RIDICULOUS!

Edited by author Tue Mar 25, '08 2:02pm PST

[notify]
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 5:59pm PST 
Oh I would've been worse. LOL. See, in this area, the rent a cops CANNOT lay hands on you, or you can sue the company. BOL. So I would've made him follow me. *grins* But then, its well known that while my dogs don't bite, I DO. BOL. So most arent dumb enough to try to touch me.

I refer to my dogs as my kids all the time. Constantly. They are my life. I dont know exactly, but I would guess that many people have tried to figure out if I were talking man or beast when speaking about them! BOL
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:46pm PST 
I'm sorry but that made be BOL big laugh Its good that nothing bad came of it. Getting arrested for something so silly would be awful.
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 2:47am PST 
Can you imagine if you said " they are ok, I left some fresh water out for them" big laughbig laugh
[notify]
Sadie,- GBeAD-C1

Will the real- Shady Sadie plz- stand up?

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 5:07am PST 
BOL! laugh out loud Sorry for laughing but the story was funny! big laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6