GO!

Mars Wisdom Panel.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:34pm PST 
Anydog hear of this? It's pretty new, a DNA test that can determine a dog's mix with 95% accuracy. All that's needed is a vial of the dog's blood, and they can look for markers of over 130 AKC registered breeds. Not totally 100% accurate since some breeds are missing, but its supposed to be pretty accurate at determining a dog's mix.

I went to the v-e-t recently and had some blood pulled to do the test and we're waiting on the results to see what breeds I am mixed with
www.wisdompanel.com is the site about it!

edit 4/8/08

ot my results back and boy am I a mixed up dog! BOL big laugh big laugh big laugh
According to the test, and confirmed when my human mom called them, I don't have any one breed that makes up a lot of my genes. The results say that I have Dalmatian, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Bloodhound, Chinese Shar Pei, Labrador Retriever, and Flat Coated retriever in me!

That explains why all my littermates looked nothing like me, bol. I guess the Labrador and Flat Coat decided to show up in my appearance!

Edited by author Tue Apr 8, '08 5:58pm PST

[notify]
Baxter

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:24pm PST 
It will be interesting to hear about the results. Keep up posted! I have two friends who recently received their results. They were very surprising - even humorous. I'm planning on doing it just for kicks at my next vet visit.
[notify]
Buddy ☮

Ducks Are My- Nemeses

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:47pm PST 
wow.. this sounds great!cheer

we might have to try it next time I'm at the vet!
[notify]

Colbi

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 6:54am PST 
I'd love to do a DNA test on Colbi just to find out what exactly she is. Let us know the results.
[notify]
Jasper

Can we cuddle?

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:02am PST 
I saw in the paper that Banfield is offering 'walk-in' DNA tests a couple of days a week. It isn't cheap ($175.00) but it is awfully tempting.
[notify]
Jaco

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 12:45pm PST 
Hi guys. Wanted to let you know that we are announcing the new Canine Heritage test next month (April 08) which will feature over 115 breeds. This new test, which unlike Wisdom Panel does not involve blood or veterinarians, can be done in your home. Technically the Canine Heritage test has been around for a year and they have been improving the science and breeds ever since.

My husband and I are resellers of this test and will be offering Dogster members 10% rebates (via paypal) for tests ordered by the end of May. Send me a message if you are interested!

Meagan and Jaco
www.dog-dna.com
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 9:24pm PST 
Hershey is difficult (at best) with any sort of medical type handling at home - but is amazingly well behaved at the vet. A home test would actually be worse than at the vet, lol. I like the idea of a blood test cause I don't want to stick my hand in his mouth laugh out loud
[notify]
J P

A DOG is for- LIFE.

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 9:42pm PST 
Right now on the main page there are the original 38 listed, but then a lot more are listed on the "dog breed listings" page.

Are the 115 breeds the ones listed on this "dog breed listings" page?

Just curious.

Edited by author Sun Mar 30, '08 9:48pm PST

[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '08 1:28am PST 
Once again Jaco, why are you listed as Breed Unknown/Breed Unknown if your humans run a doggy dna testing company?

Must be an accurate test, huh?wink
[notify]
Lily

~ Pretty Girl ~

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '08 8:18am PST 
wave Hi Hersey!

I had my Wisdom Panel done and just recently received the results. They were rather surprising to say the least! I'm part American Eskimo, Rottweiler, Afghan Hound, and German Shepard! big laugh

Check out the widget on my page that the company is now giving out to all of those who submit pictures on their site. There's also a photo album listing the breeds of all the mixed dogs who submitted their pictures. You've got to see it! And I thought my results were wacky! BOL!

Wisdom Panel MX Photo Gallery
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3