GO!

Knots after shots?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Chloe

I'm not- spoiled...I'm a- princess

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 5:22pm PST 
I have a knot on my side where I got my first set of shots. Is this normal? Its pretty big but Im also tiny. Moms very worried about it. I got the shot on tuesday its now friday and still got a knot. puppy
[notify]
Chaidence- Ashleigh

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 5:33pm PST 
Don't worry, it is very normal. It's a common reaction dogs get. It will go away over time. Don't be alarmed if it takes up to a month to go away though, thats common too. Just keep an eye on it, if it starts to change rapidly, I'd go see a vet so they can do a aspirate of it. But otherwise, you have nothing to stress about. I'm surprised your vet didn't warn you about that being a possible reaction.
You can take a hot pack (like a wash cloth with hot water tested on your skin) and just put that on the lump for a few minutes a couple times a day. That will help make it go down quicker.
[notify]
Chloe

I'm not- spoiled...I'm a- princess

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:09pm PST 
ty so much, that sets my mind at ease.
[notify]

Chaidence- Ashleigh

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:09pm PST 
no Problem smile
[notify]
Sam

Is it time for- my nap yet?

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:50pm PST 
Chloe, we also get the knots... Mom just massages them and they usually go away in a few days for us. Just lightly massage the muscle and it helps the muscle to absorb the medicines...
[notify]
Ava

Ava is my name- and chewing is- my game

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 8:04pm PST 
I got a huge extra hip bone (knot) from the lyme shot. My dogter said no more lyme shots for me. Mom had to keep me on allergy med for a month. That is how long it took for my extra hip to go away. I would keep an eye one it. Maybe talk to the vet about taking an allergy med before your next shots. Good luck, hope your knot goes way soon.
[notify]