GO!

I Need Help With My Male Dog,

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Rex

Single!

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 4:30pm PST 
Okay Everytime We Bring Shadow Home From Getting Shaved Rex Our Male Dog Trys To Mate With Her And She Is Spayed.But He Only Does It When She gets Shaved And Her Anal Glands Done.He Wines And Wines Trying ToMount Her But She Doesnt Like It And She Bites Him.
Its Has Been Going On For A Few Days Now.
We Cant Ever Watch A Movie In Peace All We Hear Is Whininglaugh out loud

But We Really Wanna Know Why He Does This.
And If Any Of You Have Seen This Or If Any Of Your Dogs Do It.
And If Anybody Knows How I Can Get Him To Stop.

Please I Need Help!

Edited by author Fri Mar 21, '08 4:31pm PST

[notify]
Rex

Single!

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 4:58pm PST 
anyone?
[notify]
Gabrielle

Stop! You little- fart-nugget!

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 5:59pm PST 
Is Rex altered? If he is not, the behavior is not his doing. Thank goodness, females only have to deal with hormones twice a year. A poor intact male has to deal with hormones all the time.

If Rex IS altered, then I would suggest something to cover the smell. It might not even be the anal glands as they usually do them priot to the bath. Try scenting them BOTH with the same scent. Just an idea. wave
[notify]

Kane

I'll do anything- for a Kong

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:10pm PST 
If Rex isn't neutered, I would get him neutered.
Also, you may need to keep him seperated from her for a bit after she returns home.
[notify]