GO!

For you, what are the breeds of dogs that are the top five greatest dogs in the world?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  
Shiloh

The One and- Only!

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 9:19pm PST 
1. Choose five dogs that are the best and arrange them from 1st to 5th.
2. Tell everyone why you chose those dogs.
3. The next dog who will post is going to say what he/she thinks about your choice. Then, that dog can choose his/her top five and so on and so forth.
These are my top five:
1. Golden Retriever dog -They're very smart, friendly and cute. big grin
2. Beagle snoopy -Beagles are very friendly dogs to both human and animals. Plus, they're really cute!
3. Shih tzu (of course) big grin- Shih tzus are smart, friendly and have beautiful fur.
4. Yorkie puppy -Yorkies also have beautiful fur and their size, very small! That's why they're good house dogs.
5. Alasakan Malamute. -I like that they're great sled-dogs and that they're really strong.
Actually, I like alot more. I also love papillions, malteses, westies, cairn terriers and a whole lot more. ( well duh I LOVE DOGS!!!dog)big grin

Edited by author Sun Mar 23, '08 10:02pm PST

[notify]
Missie

Teeth kisses for- everyone!

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 10:40pm PST 
1. Golden Retriever I love the temperament of most GRs that I have met.
2. Beagle I am in love with the look of the Beagle, but not the voice.
3. Shih tzu (of course) This breed was my introduction into small dogs that I really like. The only thing that I don't like about the Shih Tzu is the fuzziness. I am not partial to bearded faces/non-shedding coats.
4. Yorkie Tiny cuties but the ones I've met have been skittish and too active for what I like.
5. Alaskan Malamute This is a breed I can watch and admire by the hour. They are incredibly gorgeous.

Now for my favorites:

1.First I'm gonna say that I really love mutts. I do have some stipulations, cuz I am partial to small dogs (but not tiny) with shedding coats, friendly, laid back, and non-protective, but generally a mutt that falls into those parameters works best for me. When I have to pick breeds, these are also the parameters that I use. Spaniel mixes are my favorite, cuz I love the friendly spaniel temperament and their coats are so soft and silky to the touch.

2.Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

3. Tibetan Spaniel

4. Oversized Papillons

5. Welsh Springer Spaniel
[notify]
Heine Manoosh

I was born to- love YOU

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 11:59pm PST 
cool

I love mutts too... I've got three.

cav king chuck .... not my cup of tea. Cute but a little too foo-foo for our lifestyle.

tibetian spaniel ...pretty nice pups

papillion ... (see cav king)

welsh springer ... beautiful and potentally hard working pups.

my favs....

1 ...bearded collie ... way to go

2... petit basset griffon vendeen ... wave

3...belgian tervuren ... hail

4 ... puli ... applause

5 ... irish wolfhound ... laugh out loud
[notify]

Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 12:22am PST 
1 ...bearded collie ... I love Beardies, they are gorgeous dogs.

2... petit basset griffon vendeen ... I don't know much about them to be honest. They are too small for me

3...belgian tervuren ... They are beautiful to look at. I like the fact that they are high energy... A high energy dog stops me from being lazy laugh out loud

4 ... puli ... Not that keen on them... I think its their coat that puts me offshrug

5 ... irish wolfhound ... I adore Irish Wolfhounds but i would never own one. It would break my heart... Their life spans are so short.

My 5 top breeds are:

1) German Shepherds cloud 9
2) Golden Retrievers
3) Rottweiler
4) English Cocker Spaniel
5) Samoyed

thinking 3, 4 and 5 could easily change though. Its only GSD's and Goldies that ive ALWAYS adored (Since i was 6 or 7 years old)
[notify]
Chase CGC

It's Mine I Tell- Ya! Mine! Mine!- Mine!

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 1:29am PST 
1) German Shepherds cloud - Beautiful dogs, personally wouldn't own one.
2) Golden Retrievers - Another beautiful dog
3) Rottweiler - I LOVE ROTTIES! I have owned one in the past and just think they are wonderful.
4) English Cocker Spaniel - I like the way the show cocker spaniels look when they are running around... little mops!
5) Samoyed - Pretty dogs, but wouldn't want one... seems hard to keep them white.

My 5:

Aussies - I love them. They are loyal, smart, fun, active and well... just all around great!

Pugs - I love there cute little mushy faces!! I love the fact that they just love laying in your lap and cuddling.

Irish Wolfhound - ohh if I only had the room!!!!!! Beautiful, elegant giants!

Great Danes - Who wouldn't want a huge lap dog???

Chows - There is just something about them... I have always wanted to own one.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 2:09am PST 
1. Aussies - I love them too! Awesome dogs (even if they are only part Aussie)
2. Pugs - A Pug peed on me the other day, and I'm not too happy about that.
3. Irish Wolfhound - Whoa, BIG dog! I will probably never have the enough room for one.
4. Great Danes - I love playing with Great Danes. They are always so goofy, but I hear their tails can wipe out a table in one swipe. I'd never have enough room for them either.
5. Chows - We had a Chow when I was growing up. She was such a sweet dog. Very loyal. One of Sedona's best friends is a Chow mix.

My list:

1. Mutts - I heart mutts. I'm a sucker for them.
2. Aussies - Great dogs, what more can I say. Perfect in everyway (even all that fur they leave everywhere)
3. Border Collies - I wish I was smart enough to have a BC. I love their stare.
4. Labs - Big and full of life, what's not to love?
5. Siberian Husky - As soon as I am able to get a Husky I will. I think they are so beautiful and so friendly. I love their stubbornness and the fact that they can escape impenetrable fences. I admire their desire to run too.

Edited by author Tue Mar 18, '08 2:11am PST

[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 2:21am PST 
1. English Springer Spaniel
2. Siberian Husky
3. Kooikerhondje
4. Nova scotia duck tolling retriever
5. Alaskan Klee Kai

cheer very hard choice but if I could I would have those in a heartbeat (I know I have a springer but still I would happily have another)
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 4:46am PST 
1. English Springer Spaniel- Very sweet dogs!
2. Siberian Husky- Beautiful dogs!
3. Kooikerhondje- (Honestly, I don't know what this is!)
4. Nova scotia duck tolling retriever- (I don't know much about these, either!)
5. Alaskan Klee Kai- Like a mini-Husky! Just beautiful!

My list:
1. Bullmastiff- A loyal companion that will protect and love you with all it has.
2. French Bulldog- A true comedian!
3. Great Pyrenees- A breed that loves with all it's heart.
4. Greater Swiss Mountain Dog- One of the most beautiful breeds on earth!
5. Newfoundland- A breed with a heart of gold and the eyes to go along with it!

Edited by author Tue Mar 18, '08 4:51am PST

[notify]
Cracker

Dog About- Rosedale

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 6:40am PST 
1. Bullmastiff...wonderful dogs, loyal and lazy, but a bit drooly for me
2. French bulldog..yes yes yes BOL
3. Great Pyrenees...great dog, too much hair for me
4. Greater Swiss Mountain Dog...I have met only one and it seemed nice but don't know much about them
5. Newf...Love em...but too much hair (see Pyr) and too drooly (see bullmastiff...)

My faves:
1. Mutts, big ones generally...hound mix like Cracker big grin
2. Irish Wolfhounds...wanted one since I was a kid, majestic and yet scruffy at the same time....like a good man who can wear jeans one day and a tux the next..BOL
3. French Bulldogs...personality plus, and I love their walk...lol
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel...I wouldn't have one personally but I find them incredibly darling smile
5. Catahoula Leopard Dog....fascinating colours, hound type...yummy
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 7:05am PST 
1. Mutts: I, too, love mutts; nearly every dog I've ever had was a mutt.
2. Irish Wolfhounds: have never met one, but love the way they look...the jeans/tux analogy was bang on!
3. French Bulldogs: I'm just not a small dog person
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: again, too small for me, and there's something funny looking about their faces (no offense!)
5. Catahoula Leopard Dog: these dogs are gorgeous, and i want one, but probably will never have one.

My Fave 5:

1. Pit Bulls: a 4-legged child, but better. so incredibly loyal, intelligent, trainable, and human-like. i adore this breed, and there will always be at least one in my home.

2. Doberman: i've never had one, but i love their look and everything i've read about them says they'd fit right in. maybe some day...

3. Great Dane: again, never had one, but who couldn't love one of those big lugs? would love to have one of these someday as well!

4. Catahoula: BEAUTIFUL dogs, but their personality probably wouldn't go so great with my undeniable need to have more than one dog...and also, i have nothing to herd, so i don't think they'd be very happy with me. but the humane society near me has some mix pups and they're so gorgeous.

5. Scottie Dog: probably the smallest dog I'd ever want to have, but I think they're just precious...never met one though.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16