GO!

Garbage can labs.... what has your dog eaten?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Rudy

Always smilin'

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 9:37pm PST 
We all know labs can be garbage cans.... possibly due to their history of having to forage for food at the fisherman's docks. Anyway, Rudy puked up a ball of rope from his tug toy the other day. It made me think about all the unedible stuff he eats. Toilet paper and paper towels are his favorites. He has also eaten money and a bottle cap. My favorite incident happened when he kept eating the newspaper. One day he pooped out the comics.... completely whole and undigested. I could still read Hagar the Horrible! So no more paper after that! smile So I'm wondering what your "garbage can labs" have eaten. Please share!
[notify]
Hailey

Sweet as- chocolate

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '08 2:56pm PST 
Tissues mostly.

But I've had cake, chocolate, anything I can get into. On the counter, sitting on the floor, on the table, or in the garbage.
[notify]
Luna CGC

Yes, I\'m a- yellow belly. - And?

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 8:04am PST 
"One day he pooped out the comics.... completely whole and undigested. I could still read Hagar the Horrible!"

Ok, that is hysterical!!! I can imagine your suprise. laugh out loud

Luna shreds tissues and such, but one of her doozies was when she ate an entire box of butter (four sticks). She didn't get sick, I have no idea how.

Another one was right after I gave her a peanut butter kong, she stole a pack of twizzlers. I didn't know until sometime later when she puked up liquid peanut butter with little red bits.

It immediately soaked into the carpet and dried. I could NOT get it out, so I had to buy one of those thick bristle barbeque brushes and sit there and scrub it for an hour. Oh, the joys of owning a Lab.
[notify]

Gaea

I chew- everything up!

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '08 9:54am PST 
Mostly tissues and other paper products. But Gaea likes getting into the recycling bin to get at the cans.

She also likes Q-tips.
[notify]
Bentley

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:31pm PST 
Just in the last six weeks, Bentley has eaten a sock, rocks, toilet paper, and believe it or not, a pair of women's underwear! I can't wait 'til he gets out of the puppy stage and gets a bit more discretion on what to eat!
[notify]
Champ

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 5:08am PST 
Champ's 5 months and we've been pretty lucky as far as having our things ate by him..... he's torn up box of tissues, ran through the house with a roll of toilet paper unraveling behind him (that was the best), he's ate paper towels, destroyed a pair of boots, ripped up countless boxes, ate part of a lamp chord (while it was plugged in!), ate part of the bottom of the lazy boy, and he's tried to get the trash but it's been moved until he leaves it be.

Then of course there's the thing of pop bottles or cans.... if you're drinking out of one, he thinks you want to share it. He's went up and bit the pop can sitting on the end table and had it explode in his face - that was very amusing.

He loves our socks and underwear too - but doesn't eat them, only will walk around and lightly chew them then leave them when he's done.

Edited by author Wed Mar 26, '08 5:08am PST

[notify]
Olive

Olive the Other- Reindeer

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 6:06pm PST 
We've been very lucky that so far Olive hasn't tried to eat much that isn't edible. We had to watch her for a while because she would chew up her toys and swallow the fabric, but she's better now. I think it's because I bought her too many toys, but that's the excuse I use when my husband complains about it! "Hey, she NEEDS more toys so she doesn't eat everything else!"
[notify]
Java

sit..sit..where'- s my dog?

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '08 2:38pm PST 
My favourite bit of rubbish is the centres out of the toilet roll..just love them and anyother bit of paper or cardboard..I also love rootling through mums' wastepaper basket in the computer lab..she often tosses good stuff away..happy dance
[notify]
Deacon

If it looks- edible, eat it!

Barked: Thu May 1, '08 4:05pm PST 
Oh my, Deacon is always trying to eat out of the garbage, he will rip his toys apart and swallow it, he steals crayons, paper, UNDERWEAR!, and anything else he can find. Its crazy, he eats twice a day but acts like hes stranded on an island...haha
[notify]
Molly

Let's play!

Barked: Sat May 3, '08 11:47pm PST 
Door. Nuf said. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4