GO!

A Few Questions...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Wittle Girl

I am the cutiest- girl

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 1:42pm PST 
Ok guys I have a few ques tions about my pomeranian. If anyone would like to give me some input I'd appreciate it.

1. When will my dog become fuffy again?
2. When should I have my female spayed?
3. At what age will she be full grown?

Merry Christmas!
[notify]
Brody

little sneezer

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 11:08am PST 
We have a small male pomeranian that lost his coat when he was around 8 months old. The vet told us he would eventually lose his hair so we expected it. Not that they are bald or anything it's just a short coat they have. But he looked so skinny and small. It takes a few months for the new coat to grow back and it comes in real full. So just be aware of what to expect and know it's normal for poms.
[notify]
Bailey

I wag my butt- for boys!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 9:19pm PST 
1. Your fur baby is going through the " Pom uglies". She should have her full coat adult coat grown in by 9 months- 1 year.
2. I'm not too sure about the spaying, but I think you need to wait until your puppy reaches sexual maturity which is close to a year, maybe sooner. Ask your vet to be sure.
3. Your Pommie should be done growing by the time she is 9-10 months.

Hope this helps! puppy
[notify]

Gizmo

Don't make me do- it!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '08 4:20pm PST 
Oh man, Gizmo had the uglies bad!! He looked all out of proporation and his coat was so short and ratty looking. I have been told it takes the males 3 years for their coats to be fully mature.
[notify]