GO!

Where does your Chi sleep?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Kizzy

I dare you to- ignore me!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '07 6:40pm PST 
I am a new Chi mom and I'm learning all about Chi parenthood. I've started litter and crate training Kizzy, but she cries all night in the crate and she doesn't know the "No!' or "Quiet!" commands yet. I want to bring her in the bed with me, but I am afraid because she is so small and I don't want to accidentally roll over on her. What did/would you do in this situation? How did/would you quiet your baby?
[notify]
!~Bella~!

perfect lap dog

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '07 7:10pm PST 
I wish I could help you, but my mom gave up on the crate at night on the first night. She couldn't bear to hear me crying. She slept on the floor in the livingroom with me for the first 2 weeks. Now I sleep in bed with my sister. I just snuggle under the blankets with her. Also I was already potty trained at 8 weeks when I got my family. I mainly use puppy pads.dog
Good Luck!
[notify]
Nacho

I am master of- all I see

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '07 7:31pm PST 
Nacho used to sleep in his crate all night. He'd whine like crazy- we'd just ignore him until he realized it wouldn't get a reaction. (It took many sleepless nights to get to that point-- you need to have patience). He would only get let out when he was quiet and calm. Now he sleeps in bed; he's very adept at avoiding being rolled over on, but it's still a concern for tiny puppies! He's a middle-aged pooch, so we've developed a good system so everyone can sleep without any squashing. I'd say get your pup used to the crate before anything else- it'll help in the long run with house training, travel, and a bunch of things. You just have to be patient and try to tune out the crying and not react to it.
[notify]

Cocoa Bean

Call me Stripe

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 7:15am PST 
The first 3 weeks Cocoa had to sleep alone in a crate until she had all her vaccines working. She did cry a lot but we made her go to bed early so we could see her fall asleep. Helps to feed your pup and have a cozy bedding. Once she had the vets permission to be with Mimosa our Chihuahua X then they started sleeping in the same bed. I dont sleep with her because I dont want to hurt her by accident. She is tiny ( 4 pounds) so I got her a cozy bed in my computer room * 10 meters away from my room*
Having another dog to keep your Chi company works, but in case you dont, you could put the Chi's bed next to yours.
[notify]
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 7:40am PST 
I gave in! I know bad mommy! confused Mine all sleep on the bed with me - 11 lb Sparky, 9 lb Tucker and 4 1/2 lb Molly! They each have their favorite spot and pretty much stay there all night. I have never even come close to rolling over on any of them. But I don't move a lot when I sleep, so it could be a concern. I tried having Sparky sleep in his crate when he first came home, and it worked for a while. But my lack of sleep and just plain getting tired of listening to him fuss, pretty much did me in and I caved. Now I don't think I could sleep without them! Sure don't need an electric blanket anymore! dancing
[notify]
Kizzy

I dare you to- ignore me!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 8:37am PST 
Awww! ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE SOO CUTE! Especially Sparky! You look like you would have been perfect for the role in Lady and The Tramp!!puppy
Thank you all for the advice. I'm looking forward to reading about more Chi experiences and suggestions!smile
[notify]
Giselle- Jackson

Hottest- Chihuahua on the- Block!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 4:31pm PST 
We sleep with mommy and daddy in their bed because we are spoiled rotten!! We even sleep BETWEEN them! way to go
[notify]
Chiclet

feed me

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 5:02pm PST 
In bed with me. She loves to sleep snuggled in my neck.cloud 9
[notify]
Tito Oreo

Pet me and you- are my friend!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 6:47pm PST 
Tito also sleeps in bed with me. He has never been rolled on and I think that he knows that he should move if anyone else does!! I really don't think that he would be able to sleep anywhere else! He has a dog bed but he feels that them are for well dogs. I don't think that he feels he is a dog!
[notify]
Cocoa Bean

Call me Stripe

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 12:33am PST 
Ohhh WOW! Mom didnt know so many Chis safely slept in human beds. Cool!

Now, KABX my labrador sis is too jealous, and even if my pawrents let us Chis sleep with them... what is she gonna do ? Probably jump in bed too. Maybe we need a bigger bed big laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8