Good dog food?

Dowager - Preggy

Preggy - the almost- pregnant- pinscher.

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '07 11:41pm PST 
I'm trying to switch my dog's diet... because apparently, everything they sell in the store is BAD for dogs! You know, soy, by-products, gluten, wheat, etc.... can some doggie out there help me out?? any good food/product suggestion?
Buddy

Cats are food- not friends

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '07 11:20pm PST 
I've been eating Pedigree since I was a puppy, it is a good food, but if your stomach is sensetive, then I recomend Science Diet, because that is what my vet gives to those who have that problem, but either food is good. For more info, I would call your vet's office and ask about it, I'm sure they can help you out as well.
Dowager - Preggy

Preggy - the almost- pregnant- pinscher.

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 10:00pm PST 
i used to give them pedigree.. but it was on the recall list.. and my pug WAS vomitting everywhere.. so we switched to Caesar.. but i believe it's as bad... but no vomiting so far

Beach Angel- Chelsea, CGC

Smile! It is- good for you.

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 6:33am PST 
Primal. It is frozen.

If you prefer kibble, go with Nature's Variety or Evo.
Logan

You can't resist- the Loganator!

Barked: Thu May 29, '08 12:30pm PST 
I used to feed my dogs Blue Buffalo because it's holistic and the ingredients are amazing but I found a less expensive alternative at costco that also has excellent ingredients. I am currently using Kirkland Signature brand Lamb whose ingredients are as follows:

Lamb, Lamb meal, whole grain brown rice, rice flour, white rice, egg product, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved witn mixed tocoperols and Vitamine E), beet pulp, potatoes, fishmeal, flaxseed, natural flavor, milet, brewers dried yest, carrots, peas, choline chloride, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, taurine, vitamin E suppliment, iron proteinate, copper proteninate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteniate, manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bivulfite (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid

If you can't get Kirkland Signature or would prefer the the holistic one, the only place I could find Blue Buffalo locally was at Petsmart. The website for the Blue Buffalo brand is http://www.bluebuff.com/
Lulu

Don\'t Mess with- Me

Barked: Mon Jun 23, '08 5:57pm PST 
Lately I've been using Evangers canned and Deli Fresh. Evanger's gets their food from a supplier that serves the restaurants in the area. Deli Fresh is refrigerated.
They're both good.
Chocolate

Benjamin Button- of dogs

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 4:09pm PST 
Buddy pedigree isn't that good of a dog food, neither is science diet. Chocolate was shedding like crazy on it. Although he was given a bill of health by the vet, he was twice as amazed when he came in the second time, after being on Canidae for two months.